P-51 Engine Work Almost Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P-51 Engine Work Almost Done

Actually there is a gentlema in Arizona who has some live 50's mounted on a T-28, or at least I think it is a T-28. He has his own private "gunnery range" and I saw a video of him making some passes. Quite spectacular. As for the Feds he is abiding by the law, but as I understand it, he cannot take the plane out of Arizona with the live guns on board unless he does a mountain of paperwork and wades through an ocean of bureaucracy. Sort of a "surf and turf"...sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigby
      Actually there is a gentlema in Arizona who has some live 50's mounted on a T-28, or at least I think it is a T-28. He has his own private "gunnery range" and I saw a video of him making some passes. Quite spectacular. As for the Feds he is abiding by the law, but as I understand it, he cannot take the plane out of Arizona with the live guns on board unless he does a mountain of paperwork and wades through an ocean of bureaucracy. Sort of a "surf and turf"...sorry, couldn't resist.
      That would be the owner of Dillon Precision Products, Mike Dillon I think. He owns an ammunition reloading supply business and has quite a few toys. I think the guns are mounted on a T-34 but I could be wrong. He has a few other aircraft too including a Temco Pinto. If I remember (from the show) his business backs up against the airport and has ramp access. He has many awesome guns that make Feinstein want to pass more laws. Luck he is in AZ.
      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
      Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Mike Dillion. T-34 or a helicopter depending on his mood. He has a friend that has property that he fires it on. He actually generally has a mini-gun or a chain gun but never 50 cal. if memory servers (I used to fly R/C airplanes for him and some of his friends to shot down) There isn't any law other than the related gun regulations about putting guns on a plane.

Michele

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl
          Mike Dillion. T-34 or a helicopter depending on his mood. He has a friend that has property that he fires it on. He actually generally has a mini-gun or a chain gun but never 50 cal. if memory servers (I used to fly R/C airplanes for him and some of his friends to shot down) There isn't any law other than the related gun regulations about putting guns on a plane.

Michele
          That too was in the show. Personally I thought it was a great idea. Gives me something to shoot for (pun intended) if I ever get extra money/time. I loved the tracer rounds. Reminded me of Iraq in 1991 (video, I was not there).

So I guess I'm a supporter of fully functional armament on warbirds. I've wanted John Parker to mount a pair of 50s to take care of the "DG problem". John says it's "unsportsman-like" or something.... whatever.
          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
          Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Bunch of party poopers..............this is Texas, we do darn near anything we want here!!!

Plus we have this thing called a drug cartel war taking place a few miles west of here. Betcha them drug kingpins will stay outa our way!!!!

Comment

A "Dillon" video:

Comment

>>> Plus we have this thing called a drug cartel war taking place a few miles west of here. Betcha them drug kingpins will stay outa our way!!!!<<<

Does the border patrol need any "help"? You might want to consider re-installing some armor!

Comment

Originally posted by ezellav
                  Does the border patrol need any "help"? You might want to consider re-installing some armor!
                  lol, thay may need a little help!

Jarrod

Comment

why not, the coast guard has gunships for that same reason now.
                    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Is this the ex-Tallichet airplane?
                      Chris...
                      Originally posted by King
                      We decided to install the Merlin Fingers late last year and at the same time replace the starter drive clutch which was acting up.

Since we had the engine almost out, we went ahead and pulled it and did a firewall forward cosmetic rework.

This airplane had the gun port bubbles cut out and patched over, so we removed those skins and got a new set. So far we only have the simulated guns, but are planning on installing all 6 of the 50 cals. with everything we can get into the gun bays.

Yes Ashley, as you have have so mildy suggested to me, we still have not painted it yet and we do not plan on it for a while. Now YOU have to help me find an artist who can copy the ratty war torn paint for the new gun port skins.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McMillin
                        Is this the ex-Tallichet airplane?
                        Chris...
                        Yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                        X