Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cessna Citation X oops

Originally posted by Mousecorp
    A regular one day pass is $69 while a half day is $50. Season pass comes in at an ultra affordable $1875 . Sun Valley is under going a 3 phase expansion to add new hotels, a convention center, more skiable acreage etc.

As for the well off...well they are becoming more well off. The billionaires are replacing the millionaires and A-list Celebes are replacing the B-list. The 4 digit square footage houses are being replaced by the monster 5 digit square footage houses and so on (fun to fly over them and see whats behind the big gates and fences). Thankfully because the rich come here to get away from busy life style they act like normal people, not hounded by cameras or fans which is why i believe they choose this area. Its nothing to see several of them in one day just walking around. However there are a few who come that require the whole security detail and half the town is shut down, especially during the big conference. Its a zoo.
    I know what you mean. It doesn't sound TOO bad as far as price for a day of skiing. I haven't skiied there since I left Boise 11 years ago. Used to go at least once a year. I first put on the boards on Dollar Mountain in 1960 when I was 5, and never looked back. I work for Horizon Air and flew in there on multiple occasions to fix airplanes. I loved riding jumpseat. The view is really cool with the mountains at the end of the valley looming large. Pretty tight missed approach procedures. Thanks for the update. Nothing too surprising.
    Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by JCP
      It's awesome in Sun valley/ketchum. Always a blast.
      Never had a bad time there. Just had to go with pockets full of money. It's not cheap. But you're right about it being a blast. Best part of going there on business was that Horizon paid for the hotel. Usually Elkhorn. I usually went with my gear and the understanding that I got an extra night and a day of skiing in.
      Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Just found out more sad news. A very good friend and client took off from KSUN flying to Carlsbad in a Cessna 560. The aircraft skidded off the runway and killed all four aboard. Link to story . Blue Skies
        I am the Mouse

Comment

Working...
        X