Odd things happen on Friday the 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd things happen on Friday the 13th

I had to share this experience. It happened today Friday the 13th.
    I was leaving work and stepped out the front door of the building, and a sweet familiar sound immediately filled my ears. I looked up and flying directly above me and very low in the bright sunlight was the unmistakable planform view of a Spitfire! How sweet is that?! He was so low I thought he may land at the local airport, which I was ready to hop in my car and head right over there. But it flew Southwest over the city of Boulder, CO and banked right towards the foothills and then banked left in a huge 270 degree arc and headed North. Damn, that just made my day! I know what I write here can not compare to the sight and sound of the experience. It may be one of those things where you just say, "You had to be there". I mean, when was the last time you saw a Spitfire in the air?!

Re: Odd things happen on Friday the 13th

There is a spitfire that it is based in Aspen CO and gets its maintinence at Ft. Collins. If I get a chance I will look tomarrow and see if it is there.

Jarrod

Comment

Ok, so this isn't a Friday the 13th story, but it's a Spitfire story!

About 9 or 10 years ago, I was racing a Kawasaki ZX-7RR at Sears Point in Sonoma, California, with a damn good grid position. Right before they threw the green flag, I heard a different sound. How I heard it under a helmet, with ear plugs, and all the other bikes revving up I'll never know. Maybe something just said "Look up". So I looked up and saw a Spitfire circling the track. I was caught up in it's beauty for a moment. When I looked back at the track, I was all alone! The green flag was thrown, the race had started, and I was sitting there looking stupid. How I didn't get hit by another motorcycle, I'll never know!! I took off and rode as hard as I could. I may have come in next to last, but at least I didn't come in last!! After the race my Mom told me that my Dad had said "When I saw that Spitfire, I knew the boy was in trouble"! I never did find out who owned a Spitfire near the bay area.

Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

chris woods kept his SPITFIRE just a bit north of sears point for several years. He has since sold it,and bought a P-51. I believe he is kepping the MUSTANG in AZ right now.

Comment

Well it is out there!

Jarrod
          Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X