Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New racing class?

Originally posted by Fence Sence
    I think we sould help this pioneer of aviation out with some name ideas. How about "Fried Chicken". Is this guy for real? The controll panel looks like the time machine in "Napolean Dynamite". Don't forget to put the crystals in it.

And for God's sake, DON'T PUT IT BETWEEN YOUR LEGS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
      "At present, the total price for the Skywalker jetpack will be $200,000." What was that Buy It Now price again?
      Unless I misread the ad, what he is selling for $500k is the right to name it, not the pack itself. Hey, your add might run for years on americas funniest home videos.
      Bill Garnett
      InterstellarDust
      Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

This dude is a real hero. With his jetpack he'll be the first human to exceed mach 1.0 in level flight without an aeroplane.
        Before it was only dreamed about in a free fall from 80 000 feet.
        To avoid compressibility problems he enjoys a heavy doze of Alga-zelzer before the flight. I would not like to see him using his inbuilt afterburner.

Bill ! The concrete looking opening might be the last site of the pilot before entering a wormhole beyond mach 6.0 ?

Test flite is due tomorrow !

Oh mine !!!
        Last edited by First time Juke; 01-10-2006, 01:24 AM.
        http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

:mPreview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Ya know, for people who like race planes and things that go fast, and they were ALL experimental once, I can't believe the level of ignorance and stupidity of the posts to this thread!

Comment

Where is the hatch ?

Sorry GeeBee !

I only meant to say like in the RIGHT STUFF scene when the pilots/astronauts look at the thing/capsule and ask where is the hatch ?
            I think jetpack is missing the "hatch" at the moment.
            Also checking the leaks after the jet engines have been ignited may cause a headache.

GB you have a point...you never know...it might fly.

best regards,

Juke T

Comment

Prototype

Comment

Yeow! With all those microjets so close to his ear, I sure hope he uses earplugs! His neighbors are gonna LOVE him!

This might be a better use of those engines. How'd you like to see THIS circling the pylons!

Now if he could just find a place to store a landing gear system for non-parachute landings....Maybe if he bought some roller skates....

Yves Rossy, French daredevil, has set yet another world record. This time, the wild and crazy guy has become the first man to fly horizontally with wings attached to a flight suit of his own design and two small jet engines.

The flight lasted four minutes, and took place over the city of Bex, Switzerland. Rossy, who had been trying to accomplish this feat for years, jumped out of a Pilatus Porter aircraft from 4,000 meters and glided down to 2,500 meters over some 30 seconds of free fall.

He then fired up his two Jet-Cat model aircraft turbine engines and, once the engines stabilized, throttled up. He soon levelled off at a cruise speed of a cool 115 mph or so. He even turned on his smoke system so that the cameras and ground crew could see him.

After four minutes, he encountered some heavy turbulence and decided to call it a day. He shut down the engines and deployed his parachute, making a safe landing and setting a new world record. And he still had half his fuel!
                video link (10 megs/streaming):

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 01-12-2006, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
                  I found only this at www.popartuk.com

Apteryx...your link did not open ?
                  Last edited by First time Juke; 01-12-2006, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Looks like they pulled the image, it was the "Johny Rocket" poster. Wasn't THAT funny, anyway...

Tracing back the links from the original site, it appears those are jets, built for model aircraft. There's an A-10 Warthog that appears to be flying with the same engine.

Hard to justify the asking price, if you could build one for a fraction of the cost, provide your enough to want to fly one.

Rocketing through the sky, with your ass on fire...

Oh well, different strokes...

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
                      Tracing back the links from the original site, it appears those are jets, built for model aircraft. There's an A-10 Warthog that appears to be flying with the same engine.
                      Wouldn't happen to look anything like This A-10 would it?

BTW, notice who the pilot was?
                      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                      My Photos
                      My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                        Wouldn't happen to look anything like This A-10 would it?

BTW, notice who the pilot was?

That was sold to fund the Harvard. Sold the Harvard to fund SteadFast

Red
                        Red
                        chanting...400+

Comment

Would love to talk to the test pilot. Either totally unaware or carrying WAY too much brass to ever get airborne.
                          Who knows? The "jet pacs" in the 60's flew tho totally impracticle.
                          Problem is that nowadays with the internet and E-bay I personally suspect these things as scams.
                          A quick model built in the garage and SOMEONE will believ in it enough to put up some money.

Human Bottlerocket!?!
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                          X