Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I haven't been here for a while and I'm lost

Originally posted by Smee Again
    And BTW, even without Dago and Strega, it was still very much a REAL race on Sunday. Yes, Rare Bear was clearly the fastest racer left in the field, but at the power settings these engines run to maintain the speeds they do, ANYTHING is a possibility. Believe me, the remaining racers gave it their all in an attempt to run with the Bear, and those efforts should never be minimized.

SA
    VERY well said!
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

To a real race fan, the drama in the pits, (or Pitts for Dash), is a HUGE part of racing. The economic sacrifices the owners bear, the risks the pilots take, the REAL lives the crews give up to support the racers, (most of us aren't retired, our "vacations" involve keeping airplanes and pilots healthy. The comradery of helping your competitor, when they have a problem. Let alone the thousands of airshow support people, trying to provide entertainment for you. Because your favorite airplane(s), find it difficult to justify spending $500,000.00 or more to risk, repair or replace an engine, doesn't detract from the effort, the rest of us put out. Show up and show some support, or stay home, buy Skyfire and whine.
      There, I'm discussing your topic...

Paul

Comment

Someone posted someplace that Terry's issue was nuptual negativism...
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
          Dasher owes you a hug!
          Backatcha........Paul

Comment

Working...
          X