Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A NEW UNLIMITED RENO AIR RACE TEAM IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A NEW UNLIMITED RENO AIR RACE TEAM IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!

How about naming it "Russian 'Round"

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
      I still like "more cowbell", too bad few would get it.

more than you think! Clicky below!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
        more than you think! Clicky below!
        "...and Gene...this time I want you to REALLY explore the studio space with it. EXPLORE THE SPACE."

Comment

There, that's better.
          Attached Files
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Paint it matte black and call it Hell's Bells.

Comment

Originally posted by jbell
              Paint it matte black and call it Hell's Bells.

Even though it never showed up, and to be quite honest, was a 'sham' from the start, you can't call it that because when Alan Preston owned Perestroika/Czech Mate, he registered it as Race 6 and called it Hell's Belle.

Can't duplicate something like that.

Comment

I like the red scheme, we'd like to do something a little more extensive and flashy though. I do like metal flake, I liked the idea that the above guy suggested. I'd like to see some examples.
                Thanks to the guys who submitted names and didn't get them posted. We will try to post all of them I just havn't had the time to go through, cut and past the emails. Feel free to post the names here!
                We'll post more on the airplane as soon as possible
                Will

Comment

How abut the Corvette "Magnetic Red"? There was a Sea Fury there this year (was it Conch Fury?) that had a spinner that color. Has a lot of glow to it, used in the early 2000's models.
                  Self serving as I'm looking for a photo op... but it is a catchy color.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

paint it matte black and call "Back in Black".....

Comment

Since you will just be putzing around the field...
                      Attached Files
                      Glenn Bloom
                      www.helicopterpage.com

Comment

Erm.....Unique...Glenn. But we hope to not be putzing!

Red
                        Red
                        chanting...400+

Comment

O.K., last one. Round 3
                          Attached Files
                          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Now, if you REALLY wanted to have a unique-looking paint job . . . DuPont Chromalusion (http://pc.dupont.com/Phantom/content/chromalusion.html )!
                            It seems to work better for accents though-hard to hide any imperfections. Really cool stuff with the whole color-change effects!

At Oshkosh last year there was a British jet (I can't remember the name ) that was painted in the purple . . . all of the airplane is a bit too much. But it'd make some nice color-change flames!
                            --Amy

-Tomcats and Red Mustangs Forever-

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronut7
                              Now, if you REALLY wanted to have a unique-looking paint job . . . DuPont Chromalusion (http://pc.dupont.com/Phantom/content/chromalusion.html )!
                              It seems to work better for accents though-hard to hide any imperfections. Really cool stuff with the whole color-change effects!

At Oshkosh last year there was a British jet (I can't remember the name ) that was painted in the purple . . . all of the airplane is a bit too much. But it'd make some nice color-change flames!
                              The only time I have seen that type of color-shifting paint was on the race numbers for MAII in 1999. Were they purple? Were they blue? Were they....?

Comment

If true Chromalusion was used, it could quicky become the most expensive A/C paint job in modern history. That stuff is several hundred bucks a quart. It cannot be touched up, and isn't very durable either. If you want to spend hours looking at color chips go over to http://www.hokpaint.com . My base color of choice for some wild paint would be Tangelo orange, with some heavy metal flake green and yellow flames.

Comment

Working...
                                X