Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A NEW UNLIMITED RENO AIR RACE TEAM IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A NEW UNLIMITED RENO AIR RACE TEAM IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!

I think the grey and black design or even an all black design would be a great paint scheme for THUNDER. I love the sound of three blade props.

Comment

New schemes from gary.
      Will W.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have a couple that stray from the eastern Europe theme.

Chasin' Tail

Making Mettle <------ It's a pun!

they sound kinda horse racey....

Comment

Not bad, thanks
          WW

Comment

Thank you,

Please use one if you choose. I would be incredibly honored.

I have been a long time Yak fan. I have been trying to come up with something that was a Romanian twist on a Yak animal but they only seem to have goats there..........

Comment

My suggestion is "The Rominator".

Sparky

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
                Red-
                Another consideration on the canopy, if it's a standard trainer style, it may not be able to handle a bird strike at 300+ mph...
                From the structural design manuals on my shelf, not one of the custom windshields used by the top Unlimiteds and virtually none of the Sport, IF1, or Biplane racers can handle anything larger than a 4 oz. bird at speed.

The 2 lb buzzard that split Livio Bognuda's L-IV leading edge a few years back would have penetrated every single windshield in air racing except the stock armored ones. It's a good thing that Reno is not filled with airborn wildlife.
                Eric Ahlstrom

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Foam
                  It's a good thing that Reno is not filled with airborn wildlife.
                  Thanks to people like Skip Holm, and Dick Sykes, who have over the years, reduced the turkey buzzard population one strike at a time.

Of course, Skip gets bonus points for the jack rabbit in Jeannie!!!

Comment

Thanks Eric, let's fire up the chicken cannon, and do some testing..
                    Aerodynamicaly it sucks, but I like the armored plate, maybe internally mounted...
                    Just thinking if they were going to have one blown, the thicker, the better. CheckMate's always looked a little too thin.
                    The plus side, is most of the fowl balls, would probably pass through the veggimatic up front. Ib Hansen survived a canopy departure at around 200 mph, at 400, I think your face would turn inside-out

Paul

"Czechered Past"

Comment

"simplu plimbare" if you could figure out how to *say* it... it's Romanian for "Easy Rider"....

Hey.... just a thought....

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

How about "Dracul"

Little Transylvanian twist on the Romanian heritage.

There is a "Witch" already, why not a "Vampire"?

Comment

There all good ideas, here are some more!
                          Will Whiteside

Comment

How about Gebeleizis, or THE THRACIAN KNIGHT. Here is a link for you to check out. He is THE ancient Romanian God of Lightning. I think it would be kind of cool for a name. Would surely stir some conversation??Interesting ideas...... rabbit in the clutches of a vulture...... Go ahead OBR and Brad. Call me a GEEK. I can take it

or

Just a thought.
                            Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

How about " Thraco Red " ?

The Roma people aka gypsies originate from Romania too.

Then " Gypsy General " could be one candidate too.

Just another thought ?

There is already a Yak with the Moose name...so forget that.

Personally I wote for " simply plimbare "!

PS: Hey don't forget Romanians invented jet engine and Henry Coanda was the first to build a jet in 1919.

" Coandas Effection " ! or even better " Coanda's Jet-E-Son ".
                              http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Its going to have to be easily recognizable phrase or name.
                                WW

Comment

Working...
                                X