Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A NEW UNLIMITED RENO AIR RACE TEAM IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A NEW UNLIMITED RENO AIR RACE TEAM IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!

Great news on the new Yak! Any estimates at this stage on how fast it will go? Bronze, silver maybe?

Comment

Its a two place bird, thats what we wanted in the first place, so I agree a tiny canopy would be cool, but its not in the works at this time.

As far as speeds, were gonna fly safe, qualify and see what happens. Were new to this whole game so we'll take it slow.

Red
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red
        Its a two place bird, thats what we wanted in the first place, so I agree a tiny canopy would be cool, but its not in the works at this time.

As far as speeds, were gonna fly safe, qualify and see what happens. Were new to this whole game so we'll take it slow.

Red
        You know, they originally modified Maniyak with a two-place canopy from a Long-EZ. I thought that was VERY slick.

Comment

Hey Will, Red

Has there been any more paint schemes sent in for the racer?? It would be great to see what the talents of others can lend to your racer. Looking forward to seeing her in the air.

Dave

Comment

Like Mirco Pecorari (aka: mcpecos), that man has quite a talented eye.
            Kraz could add some entertaining ideas.
            COME ON GUYS....

Will, how about posting a line drawing, then all we have to do is break out the Crayola's...

Comment

Originally posted by Red
              Its a two place bird, thats what we wanted in the first place, so I agree a tiny canopy would be cool, Red
              Red-
              Another consideration on the canopy, if it's a standard trainer style, it may not be able to handle a bird strike at 300+ mph, (at 50'), if it was designed for slower speeds, at altitude. Make DAMN sure it's thick enough.
              A bird shattering your windscreen at that height, would ruin BOTH your days...

Good Luck, (cool project), Paul

Comment

Some more from Gary!
                BTW, thanks Gary for letting us post these pics.
                Will Whiteside
                Attached Files

Comment

i like the silver and blue ones

matt
                  heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
                    i like the silver and blue ones

matt
                    I agree those look the best so far. I like the old hot rod look. Is this Gary Osif sending these Red.

Comment

dont get to comfortable with #3 its on wildfire. Soon to fly again
                      www.davemorss.com

Comment

Originally posted by morss

Man, don't leave us hanging like that. How soon is soon? What kind of progress has been made?

Comment

Dave, the race number was one that the designer chose out of thin air. I think we'll try for Race#33. I guess we'll be flying together in the T6 soon. WW

Comment

The scheme proposals Gary designed look great. My personal fav is the blue and red with the red star on the nose of the spinner. Too bad Mike Brown didn't contact Gary before he had Pops painted. The outcome would have been strikngly different. Looking forwardto talking to you down the road Will. Please keep us updated. New racers are always a welcome sight here.

Dave

Comment

I can't take credit for those great renderings........wish I could!

She'll look snazzy for sure!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by morss

I have a picture of the Wildfire fuselage @ Van Nuys many years ago with race #2 painted on the side.

Comment

Working...
                                X