Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A NEW UNLIMITED RENO AIR RACE TEAM IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A NEW UNLIMITED RENO AIR RACE TEAM IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!

Originally posted by isotsha
    When will you choose the name for the plane? Have you got the names from Will as well?

Steve

We'd like to get it named as soon as possible, but there is no set timeline.
    I talk to Will several times a day!

Red
    Red
    chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
      The plane was made in Romania...not Czechoslovakia...so any 'Czech' names are out. :-(

How about "More Cowbell"?

I think Jason S. already has that on his T-6

Red
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red
        I think Jason S. already has that on his T-6

Red
        Yeah, but it's only on the leading edge of the right wing. And at this point Jason NEEDS more cowbell...I mean, he really needs to explore the studio space with it.

Comment

Yeah, but it's only on the leading edge of the right wing. And at this point Jason NEEDS more cowbell...I mean, he really needs to explore the studio space with it.
          It's on his IF1 too
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

It would be interesting to see what modifications you make thruout the year to make the Yak more competitive. We''ll be listening for your call numbers in the skys over STS.
            Best of luck.

Comment

The plane was made in Romania...not Czechoslovakia...so any 'Czech' names are out.
              Romanian Rhapsody ?

Comment

Hi guys, We will decide on a name probably in the next month or so.....
                That way we can get a domain name and start with the T-shirts and stuff. As far as getting paint on it....Well that might be a few months. If we just get it running reliably and the bugs worked out prior to PRS then I think we'll be pretty happy with that as a set goal. As far as any mods, we'll just have to see about the time and money problem that faces us. There is a guy named Gary that is sending us Paint Schemes that look awesome! Those kind of ideas sure help. Were both big fans of the race schemes over stock mil ones. We want to go away from the camo and "CZECH" names on this one I am thinking. We are going to need a bigger spinner though. Currently it has a Connie spinner on it and I'd just like one that fills the entire cowl ring. I spent some time talking cowl options with Dan Vance today and it looks like there are a few that might fit the bill with some rework from a 4 bladed to 3 bladed design. Once again the limited budget.
                We'd really like on of them there Carbon Fiber Types, I know of two.

Thanks all for the kind words.
                All I can say at this point is that its a real blast doing this, truly a dream come true.
                If we can make it to Reno twice in 2006!
                Keep Watching,
                Will Whiteside Race#?
                Attached Files

Comment

Add a star on the first scheme and... Yakky Doodle

Or maybe Rush'n Russian
                  Commie Comet
                  Half-naught

Comment

Hey! I LIKE that race number that is on the two sample paint schemes! But the plane should be ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats!!! I want a ride but am already sponsoring another almost won race team!

How about "Tempermetal" you could do some great stuff with the name.
                      http://www.kevineldredge.com
                      http://www.myairport.com
                      sigpic

Comment

How about respecting the old NATO code for the lookalike Yak the " MOOSE ". Thus naming it a "Tin Moose" !
                        FAF squadron who scored most kills with Brewsters had previously in their Fokker D XXI:s this enblem a FARTING ELK ( banned later by the commanders ). This could be painted on it ? No ! Maybe a derivative of it ?

Just a thought !
                        Attached Files
                        http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Is it an R-2000 or R-2800?

IMHO, the R-2800-Yak combo could take both the Bear and Strega if certain high-drag issues were mitigated and modern prop technology were used. The HP/weight and HP/wetted area figures are superior to everything that has ever been raced except for Tsunami.
                          Eric Ahlstrom

Comment

Thanks Kevin, Of course you'll get a ride! We can just trade! Don't forget that I am still looking for a Sport Class ride for 06'. The website looks great! My Relentless hat is almost worn out though.
                            Will Whiteside

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Foam
                              Is it an R-2000 or R-2800?

IMHO, the R-2800-Yak combo could take both the Bear and Strega if certain high-drag issues were mitigated and modern prop technology were used. The HP/weight and HP/wetted area figures are superior to everything that has ever been raced except for Tsunami.
                              Hi Eric

It is the R-2000. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on airframe cleanup. Our first target area is cooling drag I think. Shoot me an e-mail if you wish hangarone@sonic.net

Thanks
                              Red
                              Red
                              chanting...400+

Comment

I would SO MUCH like to see an F-1 type canopy put on that bird. Kind of a bubble like what the original Signal Sea Fury/Miss Merced had. If you're gonna go 'racy', go all the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X