Help! Unidentified Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Unidentified Aircraft

I saw a beautiful airplane at the small town airport nearby, and was fool enough not to ask its owners what it was. It was an eye-grabbing blue, round motor with a red-headed witch on a broomstick painted on the nose. It was the most beautiful craft I've ever seen, and I regret that I cannot show my husband because it is no longer there! It had foreign writing on it, not comprised of anything resembling the letters we use in America. It looked like middle-eastern writing, not Asian. Although, I can't say that I am a language buff by any means, and I honestly don't know what language it was. Can anyone help me discover the identity of this airplane so I can show my hubby an online photo? It would be much appreciated.

Re: Help! Unidentified Aircraft

Naming the small town might help narrow down the possibilities..

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      I saw a beautiful airplane at the small town airport nearby, and was fool enough not to ask its owners what it was. It was an eye-grabbing blue, round motor with a red-headed witch on a broomstick painted on the nose. It was the most beautiful craft I've ever seen, and I regret that I cannot show my husband because it is no longer there! It had foreign writing on it, not comprised of anything resembling the letters we use in America. It looked like middle-eastern writing, not Asian. Although, I can't say that I am a language buff by any means, and I honestly don't know what language it was. Can anyone help me discover the identity of this airplane so I can show my hubby an online photo? It would be much appreciated.
      Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm........does anyone know the status of the Yak "Nightwitch"? I know it wasn't blue before, it was red. Could it have been Russian writing on the plane you saw?

Comment

Is Night Witch back in action?
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

I seriously doubt that "Night Witch" is anywhere near being back in action. I more likely think that what she saw was a Yak-18 or Yak-50/52 but that is just a guess on my part.

Comment

Working...
          X