• good idea??

check this web site [ http://www.cameronaircraft.com/index.html[/URL]

what do you guys think of a turbine unlimited class

Re: good idea??

http://www.cameronaircraft.com/index.html

2nd try

Comment

Well, its not gonna happen. And the reason I know this is that there are currently 'other' plans for that project.

Target date is to run in the Unlimited Class at Reno 2007 with a G-6 Allison.

Can't say much more at this juncture, but I do know that the owner of the project is very serious, and is currently building sub-assemblies, as well as putting his team together. He was at Reno picking brains, getting info, and talking to the 'right' people. He also has race #51 already reserved.

Comment

What is the rationale for an Allison powerplant versus a Merlin or Griffon?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
          Cheaper to buy/operate, simpler to maintain, and considering that the all-up weight of the project is going to be close to the "John Parker Rule", it will STILL provide a huge horsepower to weight ratio.

Plus, the G-6 being the late model F-82 powerplant, it has some pretty good ponies inside.

Comment

Funny to here is called the "John Parker Rule" (4500 lb minimum empty weight).

Not having any info, I was guessing the new rule was aimed more at David Rose & his Renegade (MachBuster redo) that was completed just before PRS at Reno 2005.

Comment

Speaking of Thunder Mustang look at this http://www.thundermustang.com/Thomson.html
              Beautiful!!!

Jarrod

Comment

WOW!!! What a fantastic scheme!
                Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                RIP 03/17/10

Comment

speed, i talked to murdo cameron, i got the distinct impression that he was very serious and told him if he needed a hand i'd help him out.
                  heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                    I could be nuts, but I think I rember something about the engine mount being easier to do with the Allison.
                    Maybe one of the engine guys could verify that.
                    Website shows he already has two Allisons, that could be a factor...
                    Could be interesting.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by matt
                      Speed, I talked to Murdo Cameron...
                      Matt-
                      The plan is still to have Dan Mortenson fly it, correct ?
                      or is he just project manager

Paul

Comment

i dunno much about the program paul. i would love to know more about it.
                        heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Really curious what this will do for the unlimited class. It has all that you would want I would think. Your not cutting up a true warbird, price is right, and doing mods would be easier because it's composite. Still looks like a Mustang too. Bet it wouldn't be long before you saw some different wings and what not being made for it, or a new school Tiger (no offence sir) to pump out a couple of racer in a box clones to sell. So now all we need is a full scale Bearcat and we are set . I left out the scale Sea Fury because as we all know there seem to be enough of those to fill a class.

Comment

Are you using the full G6 with the aux stage blower? As I recall, they were rated at 3200 and 100". Gonna have to use a short prop on that engine reduction gear set up. I would say that a complete G6 package would be relatively hard to come buy and I don't know that it would really be any easier to maintain. Just my .25c

Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by RandyGoss75
                              WOW!!! What a fantastic scheme!
                              Yes,

And the prop and spinner are like in a real Mustang too.
                              http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X