A Good Home For Dego Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Home For Dego Red

Well, first off, the perfect home for her would be with me,.... if only I could match those six damb numbers,.....hehe

Seriously, I've been thinking about this for some time. I would like to see Dego being purchased by none other than Jack Roush. Yes,.. thats right, "Roush Racing" I wish I had the time to put together a good "sales package" and present it to him. It doesn't take much to imagine the exposure Dego could get! NASCAR! Imaging on NASCAR trailers, T.V. documentories, commercials with his new line of FORD Performance Mustangs and Trucks etc.

The man is a perfesional, and a perfectionist. Has anyone seen his personal P51? He has already shown us that he does have a strong interest in Air Racing with Tiger. Imagine that,... what a team, Strega and Dego......wow

Now, this is just an idea. For I know, Dego has already been sold.(as of checking last, she hasn't ) I have read some of your opinions on her fate if sold,........ It's my opinion, there are plenty of fine clean examples of Mustangs and Mustang trainers out there. I have the utmost respect for the sacrafice and dedication to these beautiful machines! I think Dego has a quite talented history behind her as well. (all of the people involved in creating the purebread) It would be my vote to preserve that history. I would be thrilled to see the likes of Degos lines sitting among all of the clean Stock examples at a "Gathering Of Mustangs" etc. Couldn't you just hear the sound difference between the stockers flying beautifully along, and the sweet sound of Degos mouse piercing the sky?

I'm quite sure Jack has already thought about all of this, but,.... it would be great if any of you out there, knew of someone who knew him?

Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks for your time.

PJ
    Team Rare Bear

Re: A Good Home For Dego Red

I have spoken to Jack Roush about getting involved in Air Racing and he is not interested in building a race team. His involvement is focused on helping to ensure the P-51 Mustang keeps flying. He owns and runs a motor shop devoted to the improvement and longevity of the Rolls Royce Merlin. He is involved to some extent with the resurrection of Jimmy Leewards Galloping Ghost. But that is as far as it goes for the man who owns 5 NASCAR Nextel Cup teams. I would say Jacks plate is full enough. It would be nice as he brings a lot of opportunites for the sport. I think it is great to have him involved in this sport at the level he currently is.

Dave

Comment

Not trying to cause a fight but "Dego"?

Jarrod

Comment

He could put Kurt Busch's payheck into it since Kurt was released (nascar)

But yeah your right Jack would be the perfect owner for Dago and maybe one day she can own the skies again

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
          Not trying to cause a fight but "Dego"?

Jarrod
          Only "Straga" would be fightin' words! But Dego Rad has a rung to it!
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Remeber "Tiger" built both of these 51's & after a bottle of his new wine he migt be rady to fite all comers over how to prenonce hisn race plains. Loughead Bob
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

NASCAR has set a limit for how many teams can race for any one owner, 4. I'm not exactly sure how long they will let Jack run his 5th (sponser commitments) but, when he does drop that 5th.......Come on Jack, we are all (me) dying for you to come in and help make this sport what it deserves to be. What better time to get in with your own team. The gods are calling, pick up the phone, it's for you.

PS-Get Mark that title.
              Nick-20 fan
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

''Dego",........ What the (bleep) was I thinking?... I apologize fer tha crappy spellin' in mean "perfesional" cheez,.... I must have went to the "bestize Git-R-Done" school of spellin' sorry again.

I does appear that Jack does have his hands full. It's just my wish to get Dago or Bear or,........... that precious "15 minutes of fame" on national television and repeated.

I hope whom ever buys her, will preserve her just as she is, a thoroughbred racer.

P.J.

Comment

I agree Roush would be the perfect new owner of "dago". But sadly it will most likely never hapen.
                  If Jack expands his racing intrests it will be into the Bush or truck series. He has yet to meet the team limits for either.
                  As for when Roush racing needs to meet the 4 team max dead line. He has been grandfathered in and has till 2009. I see him taking his fith team to the Bush series. The cars are basicly the same. The big diferance is in the weight and engine HP.

Comment

yeah about the 4 team thing in nascar, i heard that Mark Martin a driver for Jack will be registered for that fifth team and possible more but the engines will be built for Jack its who's name is on the cas as owner thats all that matters so really i don't think jack will lose his team which measn no dil for Dago

Comment

Working...
                    X