Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula 1 at Nellis, from start to finish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Formula 1 at Nellis, from start to finish.

I keep hearing about the IF1 and T6 races at Nellis was there any of the unlimiteds there

Comment

Originally posted by jason
      I keep hearing about the IF1 and T6 races at Nellis was there any of the unlimiteds there
      None...
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Victor
        Thanks for the pictures. I was under the impressioin that 8 F1s were going to fly, looks like only 4 made it.

Comment

We had eight signed up to fly and one for static display. Right before the event Roger Keeney had an engine problem and put his plane down on a dirt strip and damaged the gear; Ed Dutreaux got sent out of the country by his company and could not make it. The remaining seven flew on Friday in practice but Birch Entriken had something come loose in a cylinder (piece of piston ring?) and MayDayed out with a smoke trail. He did not have a spare. Six started Saturday and at the end of the last lap Steve Temple broke a connecting rod and landed; he too had no spare, so five ran on Sunday. Jason Somes, Dave Roelofs, Charlie Greer, Jay Jones and Steve Senegal. They did a great job and raced to a close finish both days. Thanks Victor for the great Pix

BillRo

Comment

You're all to be commended for making the show on your own time and your own nickle. Congrats and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man
              You're all to be commended for making the show on your own time and your own nickle.
              MULTIPLE nickels, for Roger Keeney, Steve Temple and Birch.
              Ah! The glory of air racing.
              A hardly adequate BIG thanks for the effort.

Paul

Comment

As far as Steve Temple's #57 we have a new case already and we have a engine test stand with a dyno so we will be trying everthing possible within the rules to get the most out of the Aggressor for this next year at Reno and we will be building 2 motor's

Comment

We're all very glad that the IF-1's made it there. Boy Steve S. making bunny hops to LAS to get there. That's dedication! Great to meet some of you for the first time after talking on the phone. Hopem despite the mishaps you all had a good time down there.
                  Cheers,
                  Connie Pardew
                  Aviation Nation Foundation

Comment

How about reimbursing the F1 guys for some of their expenses? At least tow and gas money.

Comment

Tom,
                      Yeah I know. I'm just the writer--- I'm not in control of the $$$--just another person dedicated to the show.

Comment

Also would like to say big a THANKS to Tom D. for letting me sit in Tinkertoy! You were so nice to take all those pictures! Thanks Tom and Ken!

Comment

Working...
                        X