Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mystical Power Update - Via Tom Campau

Hummn.. that is an interesting link..

Tom almost always has the airplane from sale (if past memory serves me correctly) but this one (ad) concerns me more than usual....

He sunk a ton of bux and effort into that airplane, she was virtually a brand new bird...

I sure hope MysticalPower stays in Tom's hands!

Tom... you reading this.. ???

Say it ain't so!

MysticalPower Fan
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

just remember, all planes are for sale for the right amount of money. wish I had the $$$ right now, cuz I'd buy her. but with a wedding in the works, all my money is going that way
      don't suppose the soon-to-be hubby would appreciate a vegas special just so I could by #21.........
      then again....he just might!!!!!!!! I know what my dinnertime conversation will be tonight

Comment

I had left Reno 09/19 after policing up the pit, returning the motor home and packing "Mystical" with most all that was remaining, tools, lead weights, broken cylinder, broken carb. Re-fueled at Ogden, UT, climbed out thru the pass to 13,500 to take advantage of the tail wind. Heading 090 to Scottsbluff, NE for my next fuel stop. 30 nautical west of BFF I started down. Reduced power at 8,500 and #8 cylinder went off line. I resigned myself to an extended stay in Scottsbluff when dagnamit #9 failed. My world got real bussy. I tried everything. Thirty seconds later the the engine sized and I had the glide ratio of a set of car keys. I had double punched my Garmin and already turned 320 degrees for Torrington, WY (10 Nautical and approx. 4,000 msl). I set up for a long corn field when I ran out of altitude, as soon as I committed I discovered high tension powerlines in my path. I popped over the top and was now on the brink of an aft CG stall. Stuck the nose down into the corn begging for slow, had the canopy open, had ruled out jumping,
        locked the harness, when the corn field ended there was a 4' berm to the alfalfa field. The left wing hit the berm first the right gear was next. I went up in the air about 20 feet and landed going backwards. Not a scratch, not even a stiff neck. This story goes on and on. Great people in WY. I thank them all for helping me.
        Tom Campau

Comment

Originally posted by race #21
          I had left Reno 09/19 after policing up the pit, returning the motor home and packing "Mystical" with most all that was remaining, tools, lead weights, broken cylinder, broken carb. Re-fueled at Ogden, UT, climbed out thru the pass to 13,500 to take advantage of the tail wind. Heading 090 to Scottsbluff, NE for my next fuel stop. 30 nautical west of BFF I started down. Reduced power at 8,500 and #8 cylinder went off line. I resigned myself to an extended stay in Scottsbluff when dagnamit #9 failed. My world got real bussy. I tried everything. Thirty seconds later the the engine sized and I had the glide ratio of a set of car keys. I had double punched my Garmin and already turned 320 degrees for Torrington, WY (10 Nautical and approx. 4,000 msl). I set up for a long corn field when I ran out of altitude, as soon as I committed I discovered high tension powerlines in my path. I popped over the top and was now on the brink of an aft CG stall. Stuck the nose down into the corn begging for slow, had the canopy open, had ruled out jumping,
          locked the harness, when the corn field ended there was a 4' berm to the alfalfa field. The left wing hit the berm first the right gear was next. I went up in the air about 20 feet and landed going backwards. Not a scratch, not even a stiff neck. This story goes on and on. Great people in WY. I thank them all for helping me.
          Tom Campau

Wow. Congratulations on getting 'er down. Sounds like whatever started the works was in #8. Isn't it annoying that piston engines have a habit of letting go as you *reduce* power? I see more race cars lose something in the bottom end going into a corner than they do coming out. Just plain ol' physics- more tension in the conrods, bolts, and piston pins, but after all these years it still seems strange.

Comment

Working...
          X