Mystical Power Update - Via Tom Campau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystical Power Update - Via Tom Campau

A week or so ago, while I was stuck on a 48kbps connection, when I'm usually used to about 2,500+kbps connections, I received an email from Tom Campau....

It contained a photo of his airplane, Mystical Power, prior to her being partially disassembled and trucked to his home base...

I can tell ya, I'm not a pilot, nor am I a :cword: expert but from this picture (attached below) I'd say that Tom Campau is one hell of a pilot!

Good work Tom, she's barely scratched..

I'm praying you'll get her fixed up and back to action by Tunica????

Won't be the same without ya bud!

Wayn e
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Mystical Power Update - Via Tom Campau

how and when the hell did this happen?
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
      how and when the hell did this happen?
      Matty, not sure if this was one of the threads that was lost during the hurricane preparation snafu when I accidently deleted AAFO.COM rather than AAFO.NET in an attempt to get more server space available so I could back up the machine....

Anyway, long story short, Tom had engine problems on the way home from Reno, the bugger siezed on him, he put her down (expertly, obviously) in a corn field somewhere in Nebraska.. (I think.. but *somewhere* back "there").. walked away and though, at first, it appeared that he'd given up on her, he's going to rebuild and be back...

Dunno about anyone else but a Reno without Tom Campau and Mystical Power would not be RENO!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Tom had an engine failure on the way home from Reno- with the resulting off airport "arrival" in Wyoming.

I have no doubt that Tom and his crew will repair the damage and be back racing in the near future!

Looking forward to seeing the Campau gang and "Mystical Power" going for the Gold again! All the best you guys, call if we can help!! RG

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...26X01527&key=1
        Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

thanks guys, what a bummer. glad he's alright though

wayne, still insisting on calling me matty eh? lol
          heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Randy, spot on and timely, as usual!....

Interesting note from the NTSB report.. .

"After landing in an alfalfa field, the airplane struck a berm, tearing off the left main landing gear and damaging the left wing."

From the photo Tom sent, it looks like it did a job on the right gear/wing (hopefully not too bad) as well..

I remember seeing a T-6 at Sun n Fun a few years back that had a bit of a tiff with the runway on rollout.

It was parked in the same lot we were using to exit the field during the week there. I remember it looked a lot worse, and its pilot had had a runway to use in landing!

As the week progressed, they were jacking it up and fixing the damaged wing/gear.. eventually, the owner/pilot, flew her out a day or two after the event ended...

When I first heard of Tom's accident, I pictured a much worse airplane!

I know a lot of stuff is probably hidden but she sure looks a lot better than I'd even hoped!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

A speedy return, we all hope!!!
              http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Engine is in re-build, prop is at H&S for the fix. AF is in transit. All parts needed are in transit. The bad girl is comming back and faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  Engine is in re-build, prop is at H&S for the fix. AF is in transit. All parts needed are in transit. The bad girl is comming back and faster.
                  Way to go Tom!

Looking forward to seeing you at Tunica!!

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

"Mystical Power" landed at PTK last weekend on the end of the county forklift. "Home for the Holidays". Film at 11:00.

Comment

Occasionally even dark clouds have silver linings. The lady owned the ranch I crashed on. Tom Campau
                      Last edited by Race#21; 12-24-2005, 08:06 AM. Reason: needed to spell check
                      Mystical Power

Comment

Here is the lady rancher that took me in after the crash.
                        Attached Files
                        Mystical Power

Comment

Originally posted by Race#21
                          Here is the lady rancher that took me in after the crash.
                          Hummn.... talk about "falling" into a pile and coming up smelling like a rose!

Good work Tom... Some guys just pick a stupid freeway or something when it gets quiet...

Merrry Christmas!
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

My 1340 being disassembled.
                            Last edited by Race#21; 12-24-2005, 01:50 PM. Reason: film at 11:00
                            Mystical Power

Comment

[QUOTE=AAFO_WSagar]Hummn.... talk about "falling" into a pile and coming up smelling like a rose!

Good work Tom... Some guys just pick a stupid freeway or something when it gets quiet...

Merrry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all!

My Pontiac pilot chronies accuse me of circling Eastern Wyoming for hours before finding the best ranch to crash on. Go figure.
                              Tom
                              Mystical Power

Comment

Working...
                              X