Crow is not bad with Garlic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crow is not bad with Garlic!

Ok, so, on one of the threads about "What Air Racing needed" was (among other things) better media coverage. I pretty much said that everything other than Skyfire (that was available the the general public) was amaturish. Even compairing the on screen talent to telletubbies.

Well, last night, in one of my all out efforts to find a Def Leppard concert video, (Gimme a break, I'd had a couple Heinekins!!) I grabbed an unmarked VHS videotape. I threw it in and saw Dago Red. "What the........"

I had to rewind it to the beginning and see the Speedvision program from the start. It was called "People, Passion, Pistons, and Power", and was produced by World of Wings. It starred our very own WAYNE SAGAR!! What I saw was an awesomely professionally done video about the 2002 air races. Race coverage, interviews with the Pilots, Crews, and info about the aircraft itself!!! It was so cool! Man I'm sorry I compaired you to a teletubbie. You are no "Winky Dinky"!! (Beer Nazi even said so)!! Sorry....again....TMI!!!

I really wish this series could have continued and reached the NASCAR crowd enmass. An updated (2005 NCAR) version displayed to a bigger crowd (heavy rotation during NASCAR season) would definatly bring bigger crowds to all of the events!! What happpend to this project? You were definatly well funded.......or at least did great things with what little you had to work with (more likely). Dude, the knowledge base is there, and you were Harry Carry reborn!!!!!!

My humble appologies,
    Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Re: Crow is not bad with Garlic!

Originally posted by Race 29
    you were Harry Carry reborn!!!!!!
    LOL... well... maybe Walter Mitty

Thanks Larry! It was fun, I especially liked what was listed on the "script" as "BIG VOICE"...

"Why would a farmer, a Doctor, a Vietnam Veteran and a mechanic"....

Classic!

(no, it wasn 't me doing that voice!)

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,
      So where can the unworthy get a copy? On DVD?

Unworthy,
      Whoadude

Comment

Originally posted by whoadude
        Wayne,
        So where can the unworthy get a copy? On DVD?

Unworthy,
        Whoadude
        Sadly, due to the fact that SkyFire had the video distribution rights that year, our rights were only for broadcast. If you didn't get it on the air and copy it, I think you're out of luck.

I'm not saying that some of you can't "trade" your copies back and forth but being a part of the production, I certainly can't participate in any such activity.

Thanks for the interest though!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

My understanding is RARA takes a dim view of anyone putting together unauthorized films or videos on the air races.

I'm not sure why as I would think its all good free advertizing.

Can any of you guys with press credentials or who have participated in previous film epics (Wayne) shed any light on what the actual terms of their contacts are and why they feel the way they do.
          Bill Garnett
          InterstellarDust
          Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Working...
          X