• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you remember the time.....

Yes it was the human fly it was at Mojave Shawn

Comment

I talked the pilot of the B-29 involved in that "race" in '97. He said they were making a good formation pass when the B-24 tried to sneak past them coming off the final turn.

He noticed the throttles inching forward past the set power limits. He looked back at the flight engineer (who had pushed the power up), and the FE just pointed out the window at Diamond Lil and said "No @#%&ing way".

I can't recall the pilots name. I know he is a retired airline captain, and that he lives in Ozark, AR.

Comment

I remember there was a series of incidents where "Dreadnaught" puns were comically written on just about everything...

Waste-naught (On a porta-john), Want-naught...(Not remebering what it was on...maybe a trash can...)
        Glenn Bloom
        www.helicopterpage.com

Comment

And don't forget "Have-naught" on Furias' cowling.

Comment

I have pictures of Fred Sebby's art somewhere- give me a bit to find them....RG
            Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
            RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Randy,
              Remember the DEAD CAT ALE at the old trailor? And o ya, what about the Hard Times Bar and Grill out back..?

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                Nelson Ezell's son does those. But that was actually a tradition that was started by the late Fred Sebby. I have a picture of one from 1988 that is ABSOLUTELY hilarious. Some of the zingers in there are just brutal, including poking fun @ Vendetta by having a P-51-winged Lear Jet flying by in the background, talking about the Bellanca-tail they stole to put on Mr. Awesome, etc. I'll try to scan it and post it soon.

One that I remember showed 'Furias' in her new paint (first year after Lloyd's passing) with a thought-bubble saying something like "99 barrels of oil on the wall, 99 barrels of oil...."

That particular 4360 had some "issues" with oil, to say the least... and people say "Rare Bear" oils down the fuselage!

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum
                  One that I remember showed 'Furias' in her new paint (first year after Lloyd's passing) with a thought-bubble saying something like "99 barrels of oil on the wall, 99 barrels of oil...."

That particular 4360 had some "issues" with oil, to say the least... and people say "Rare Bear" oils down the fuselage!

My personal favorite is the one showing Furias with a smokestack on the cowling....

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                    My personal favorite is the one showing Furias with a smokestack on the cowling....
                    And "Baldwin Locomotive Works" painted on the side...

That's on the 1997 poster in the other thread.

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                      And "Baldwin Locomotive Works" painted on the side...

That's on the 1997 poster in the other thread.

http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showt...?t=2648&page=1

I like the little coal tender in that one.

The little details on those are great- the longer you look, the more you see.

Maytag Special
                      Deadnuts

On the side of the Buick.

Comment

That first impromptu jet race after the gold final. The Stoli Migs in full afterburner all the way around the course for like three laps. I had such high hopes for the jet class after that.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence
                          That first impromptu jet race after the gold final. The Stoli Migs in full afterburner all the way around the course for like three laps. I had such high hopes for the jet class after that.
                          and Jimmy Leeward

Jarrod

Comment

Bob Love and Bob Hoover argueing over the radio about Love's position at the start?
                            Love said to stay in the position Hoover wanted him in he had to poke into clouds. Hoover kept threatening to disqualify him. They went at it all the way around the mountain and down the chute.
                            Had to be around 89 or so.
                            There was a year (early 80's) that the Bear did'nt have a working radio after takeoff, if I remember right he was ineligable to start. Came down the chute a half lap behind the pack, hauling *ss, and ended that lap pulling up and out, waaaay ahead of everyone. Does anone out there know the whole story?

Comment

The time that Don Whittinton turned Precious Metal into a cusinart and dice the Nissan on the ramp after the gold.
                              Rich P

Comment

sorry that was me shawn

Comment

Working...
                                X