Downed WWII plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downed WWII plane

I heard on the news that a man was recovering from a crash in a WWII airplane. All I know is that it was in Placer County, CA. Any info?

Re: Downed WWII plane

Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
    RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Originally posted by RandyGoss75
      WOW! That was quick Randy. And you call Brad a geek? HAH! No really man, thanks. I couldn't find anything.
      Bill
      Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Brad and I are twin Geeks from different mothers! OBR (Other Brother Randy)
        Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

IDENTICAL twin Geeks! Except my hair hasn't slid down off my head to my face yet....

Comment

Would that make you OBR Kanobee?
            ME PLEASE!
            :

Comment

Sigh, the Ryan trainers are some of my favorite planes..... glad to hear the pilot survived and looking at the picture that maybe rebuilding the plane is a possibility.

Michele

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl
                Sigh, the Ryan trainers are some of my favorite planes..... glad to hear the pilot survived and looking at the picture that maybe rebuilding the plane is a possibility.

Michele
                Absolutely Michele,
                Nobody likes to see any of these classics get hurt, let alone the pilots/passengers. Maybe you are right though. With luck, it may have enough pieces to salvage and rebuild. It looks like it was a nice bird.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                  IDENTICAL twin Geeks! Except my hair hasn't slid down off my head to my face yet....
                  Bwwwwwahahahahahahahahahaha. You just jinxed yourself now. Heck I thought you, Goss, and Don Dull all came from the same mother. or I Figured Al was a stud and got around the tarmac back in the day.

Now to topic... Wow this was near where I live! When I heard the news I was a little worried that I could be Brown or one of the Sanders. Glad to see the pilot might have a shot at making it. Man... it's really to bad to see another rare bird down AGAIN this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
                    Bwwwwwahahahahahahahahahaha. You just jinxed yourself now. Heck I thought you, Goss, and Don Dull all came from the same mother.
                    You just wait, you young whippersnapper.....you'll get yours in the end!

Comment

I can remember a number of years back at an airshow at Mather AFB when a PT-22 club attended. I got there early and saw them arrive. It looked like a swarm of bees!!!! All of the pilots were great, very friendly. Awesome restorations, almost every one of them.

FNG, You live near Lincoln?!! Your not to far from me! Contact me in a PM.

Race 29
                      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                      X