NELLIS AIR SHOW WEBCAST!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NELLIS AIR SHOW WEBCAST!!!!!!!!!

Aviation Nation has been working with TVWORLDWIDE.COM to get webcasting of the event this year....

Just spoke with the poor fellow who had to capture and upload something like 300mb of video feed from today....

IT'S ONLINE NOW!!!!!!

I can't see it yet, dialup.. but...

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO SELECTIONS

Enjoy, lemme know how it is.. I was able to see about 3 seconds of it via my dialup after a VERY long preload session...

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: NELLIS AIR SHOW WEBCAST!!!!!!!!!

It is working good on my end. I watched both race segments, and Sean Tuckers demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
      It is working good on my end. I watched both race segments, and Sean Tuckers demo.
      KEWL!!! Make sure to visit http://tvworldwide.com/ also for their video feeds from other shows!

I'm jealous! I was here for the day's activities, but, I'd love to see the vids!

I could see the feeds on the "jumbotrons" when I had time to look, but mostly, being a "photographer" at an event is like being a cat on prowel looking for prey...

Always looking, looking looking for the shot you need to get for the "boss".

There is really little time to actually "be" at the show!

I'm nursing my 54 year old bones tonight from a day spent on my knees today and climbing around on trash cans and such last night at the "Fremont Street Experience" getting shots of the "Patriot Party" (photos will come, trust me.. some good stuff is happening here this weekend!)

This is really a special weekend, we are thanking an entire generation for their contribution to our freedom!

It's about damn time!

Welcome HOME!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

One thing I was impressed with was how well the F1 ships were captured. Were the cameras significantly closer to the action than the crowd line? If not I can really see why you were all saying that the way they run them at Nellis is superior to what is done in Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
          One thing I was impressed with was how well the F1 ships were captured. Were the cameras significantly closer to the action than the crowd line? If not I can really see why you were all saying that the way they run them at Nellis is superior to what is done in Reno.
          Well.. yea, they are closer, but also... the crew doing the shooting are probably as good as they come and have the best stuff to use that is available!

You should see the HUGE long range video setups they have to track airplanes (FULL SCREEN) that are miles away!

I'll make sure to get a pic or two of the setups tomorrow...

That, and Jeff Lee, the video director, is one of the very best in the world!

This is one of the most impressive airshows in the world.. bar none!

For sure, Nellis AFB is the premier base in the free world!

Off topic for a second...

My better half and I, as well as others, have been so very impressed with the young men and women we're meeting here on base!

When we look around our local towns at the young people, many of whom, are looking for some sort of excuse, or are completely wrapped up in some sort of "issue" or other... hope for our future fades pretty quickly.

Live for a few days on a military base, deal with the finest young men and women you will ever meet and it's absolutely inspirational!

There's hope!

Even though I never spent a day in uniform and came out fairly well (old world values) I'm becoming a firm advocate for mandatory two year military service for ALL young men and women in this country!

These folks are the very best of the very best!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I agree!!! Check-out www.wheelsoffreedom.com for some more insite on our troops and thier families.
            Tom Campau
            Race #21

Comment

Wayne,

You're too kind. It was a great weekend on so many fronts. As you know, anything this size takes a wonderful team, and my team put it together! Of course, I have to start with the Aviation Nation Foundation team, that put the whole thing together. In addition, the guys from Combat Camera at Hill AFB both inside the trucks, and on camera did a great job. Nellis TV added their support, and filled in the gaps and saved us more than once. My new friends from Impact Video supplied the Jumbo-trons. And without a doubt the guys that supply the best sound on any air show ramp, ProShowUSA.

We do all of this for the air show spectators, and this year those who couldn't be there in person. The webcast idea is something we've been working on for some time, and I'm really glad the we finally made it happen. I hope everyone enjoys the views that we were able to supply. It's not like being there, but it's the next best thing.

This year, we were also doing it for our Vietnam Vets. You're right, it's long overdue. I'm pretty sure that we've all learned our lesson, and won't make the same mistake again when our boys come home from the middle east, and other deployments around the world. On a personal note, I'm doing this for my son, and a member of the Aviation Nation family, Bryan Lee, who is currently serving with the 82nd Airborne in northern Iraq. He'll get a glimpse of what we did eventhough he's half way around the world.

Stay tuned to see if we're able to put more things up on the web.

Thanks,

Jeff Lee
              Director of Media Productions
              Aviation Nation Foundation

Comment

Jeff, Wayne:
                EXCELLENT job on website and video, sounds etc ! I didn't get around to
                REALLY enjoy the show, but the screens in the chalets provided great viewing for our guests.
                Jeff you are the best! You missed a great going away party for Chuck on Monday. (PICS TK) and Wayne! what a guy! Great job on updating the website!
                As always, we had a great time-albeit all the work, but it's worth it, especially honoring our Vietnam Vets. I had very positive feedback from the ones I spoke with.
                I love you guys!
                Connie

Comment

Working...
                X