DG-1 For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DG-1 For Sale

Might be old news, but latest Aero Trader has Garbers DG-1 for sale. Only $125k obo...
    BE THE FIRST ON YOUR BLOCK...
    A lot of sub-4500 pounders starting to surface, (another one soon). GOTTA let them come up and play, somehow.

Paul

Re: DG-1 For Sale

I like the precision drawing. Where's the CG vs. wing?
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Did it ever fly?

With the fore and aft engines, Peas has a good point on the CG. Another kicker would be the internal volume doesn't seem to be big enough for all of the cooling required (rotaries put out a LOT of heat for their power).

Exhausts are a pain too, at high power they run bright orange to yellow. my 240 HP ported, carbed, and piped 13B ran exhaust hot enough to read by on a dark night. Kind of cool, do a hard run, stop, pop the hood, and you don't need an engine light!
      Eric Ahlstrom

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Foam
        Did it ever fly?

With the fore and aft engines, Peas has a good point on the CG. Another kicker would be the internal volume doesn't seem to be big enough for all of the cooling required (rotaries put out a LOT of heat for their power).

Exhausts are a pain too, at high power they run bright orange to yellow. my 240 HP ported, carbed, and piped 13B ran exhaust hot enough to read by on a dark night. Kind of cool, do a hard run, stop, pop the hood, and you don't need an engine light!
        If I recall, Garber actually flew this airplane quite a bit in the late '70's. Lots of bugs, and it never really lived up to what he had hoped from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Foam
          Did it ever fly?
          Eric-
          Yeah it flew a while back. The ad shows it in flying trim. An old post had here had a link to an article on it, but it's dead now.
          I think, if memory serves, (and as you'd expected), it had some cooling problems.

Paul

Comment

i can't seem to find a picture of said plane, where can i see it?
            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Matt-
              I'll e-mail you a copy, still same address ?

Paul

Comment

Here's a couple...

Fuse and powerplant installation

Three-View

Enjoy your new purchase....

SLCPilot
                (first time here)

Comment

Working...
                X