Video Test 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Video Test (audio overlay)

I probably should have posted most of these clips under another heading, but here is another true test.

I'm still learning what the editing software can do. Right now I'm experementing with multiple audio tracks.

When I shot the gold race, I just let the camera run so I have audio and video of the entire duration of the race. This means I have continuous audio with a bunch of whip pans that can make the viewer dizzy. What I want to do is let the audio continue so the sound provides continuity for the planes which have passed from view yet cut the whip pan out and just pick up the next plane from the point there it is well framed for the next pass.

Here's my first attempt. In this case Fury passes almost directly overhead and since my tripod won't let me shoot straight up, do a quick 180 and come down the other side, I have several seconds of blue sky with good audio. I just cut in the next video shot of Argonaut making a qualifying pass while the sound of Fury fades in the distance. If I had held the Fury audio a bit longer it might have been smoother. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files
    Bill Garnett
    InterstellarDust
    Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Re: Video Test 2005

Sounds good. I agree, a little more of the receding audio blending into the arrival of the second plane would be great! Does the software have a fade function for the audio track you are adding?

Comment

Re: Video Test 2005

Yes Final Cut does have fade. I'll have to experiment with that.
        Bill Garnett
        InterstellarDust
        Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Working...
        X