Kinda OTSpeed record attempt at Mojave Fri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kinda OTSpeed record attempt at Mojave Fri

I've heard that they can create sufficient down force with the wings adjusted properly, to actually run upside down.
    Now THAT would sure be fun to try

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
      Hi
      The report was they went 260+ MPH, on "donut man" tires.... We were right outside the hanger on the last run of the day. Wow what a rush!!!Unfortunately on the last run of the day the drag chute deployed about 200 yards out of the hanger. Sad. Car stayed straight, and spun the tires abit before he stopped. Another report from the CHP, had a radar gun on the guy as he was departing the hangar, at about 100-150 yards out he was clocked at 160+ MPH each time he blasted off. I think the CHP was going to write 'em up, for a mantle piece... I still think we can take him, espeacially on the turns out in the desert....They had no down force wings on the back, but a rudder that was coupled to the steering. It was about half the size of the NXT rudder. Everything has been packed up, and it is reported they are heading to Pocono. Soounds like they had fun, even in the 50 MPH crosswinds...They had WAAAAAY to much fun!
      Jon

What the heck are they going to Pocono for? Are they going for the closed course / oval speed record?

Comment

260+ mph would mean about 420 km/h speed. F1 cars can do 365 km/h just on the race track. Interesting.
        http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
        X