• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN COMING!!!

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: IN COMING!!!

Awesome picture Victor - attack of the seven Sea Furies! I was standing on the top row of the grandstands watching them coming down the chute, cheering for the Buick! Hey, from your picture it looks like Dreadnought had the lead for a few seconds! I know it didn't last long!

Ken

Comment

Sweeeeet!
      Bill Garnett
      InterstellarDust
      Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Can I order that in 10 x 12 - feet! I want to wallpaper my living room wall. Then I could just stare and drool all day long.
        thanks
        Rachel

Comment

Hey, how bout our two "Rookies" Steve Patterson and Freddy Cabanas!

Pretty damn good showing for "first timers"!!!!!!!!

W.
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

What are those other two airplanes doing in the Sea Fury class?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris
              What are those other two airplanes doing in the Sea Fury class?
              What are those 3 gold class airplanes doing in the silver race

Comment

Originally posted by KB Adkins
                Awesome picture Victor - attack of the seven Sea Furies! I was standing on the top row of the grandstands watching them coming down the chute, cheering for the Buick! Hey, from your picture it looks like Dreadnought had the lead for a few seconds! I know it didn't last long!

Ken

When you have that much mass to push downhill, its easy to lead for a while

I don't care if it isn't glamorous, I can't help but love Dreadnought. What a monster!

Comment

I'm with you 440. Dreadnought has always been my favorite since Reno 1984, along with the Super Corsair. Planes that big shouldn't go that fast, but they do! Hard to believe it's been over 20 years since the Buick made it's debut, and it's still a lock every year for the Gold on Sunday.

Ken

Comment

The ironic thing about that shot--and I'm assuming it was taken 'across' the course--is that it makes the gaggle look grouped so close together. In reality, there is a huge lateral separation between all those planes. I mean, literally, they're spread out over maybe a quarter mile. But the pic makes it look like they are still in tight formation.

Great shot, Vic!

Comment

How does Dreadnought compare to the other current 4360 powered racer Furias. Furias qualified 3 mph faster then Dread in 2003 so I kinda got curious. I forgot how they finished.

bf1
                      One more blade and a little less roar, Team Rare Bear ROCKED in 2004 !

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan1
                        How does Dreadnought compare to the other current 4360 powered racer Furias. Furias qualified 3 mph faster then Dread in 2003 so I kinda got curious. I forgot how they finished.

bf1

That's an interesting question, and I don't think we'll get a real answer until Furias is really in top form. Dreadnought has generally been way ahead of Furias, but Furias has been steadily improving. I would think that being a trainer and retaining its full dual controls, Dreadnought would have a weight disadvantage. I think its always run faster than Furias because the Sanders put such a lot of effort into making the airframe tight and clean, and keeping the engine in good shape. I'll never forget the first year that Furias ran under its current ownership and with that great paint scheme... perpetually obscured by the GALLONS of oil streaming down its sides. I think that engine must have come right off the wing of an old high-time Globemaster without much more than knocking the mud-dauber nests off....

Comment

What year did Furias change hands from Lloyd Hamilton, and when did it get the 4360? I remember seeing Furias back in the mid-80's and thinking it should have been faster than it was. Has the plane gotten the full-on air frame mods and cleanup necessary to challenge September Fury and Dreadnought?

Ken

Comment

Working...
                          X