• Critical Mass Pass

From the fenceline 1996 or 1997
    Attached Files

Re: Critical Mass Pass

BRING HER BACK!!!!!

Comment

Fenceliner -
      I can't say thank you enough for that video. It's going in my hard drive forever. I'll just say that at 13 y/o Blind Man's Bluff was the first racer I ever saw in person and I haven't been able to get enough of it since.
      BTW - I too finished my CM model (someone else posted in another thread). It is one of the most neutrally unstable planes I've ever flown. Hunts in yaw, rolls, pitch sensitive... I'm pretty sure the real one's similar.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chris300s
        Fenceliner -
        I can't say thank you enough for that video. It's going in my hard drive forever. I'll just say that at 13 y/o Blind Man's Bluff was the first racer I ever saw in person and I haven't been able to get enough of it since.
        BTW - I too finished my CM model (someone else posted in another thread). It is one of the most neutrally unstable planes I've ever flown. Hunts in yaw, rolls, pitch sensitive... I'm pretty sure the real one's similar.
        Take some of the right trust out of that model. Mine flys hands off now, but before that oh my gosh. My next one will have taller gear too.

Comment

You can sure tell the difference between the slow nose case and this one by the prop sound.
          Chris...

Comment

Cool. Thanks for posting that. Gotta tell the old man.

Comment

Originally posted by FENCELINER
              From the fenceline 1996 or 1997
              Fenceliner;

Man oh man! Thank you for that. Brings back memories and gives me chills.

Bill Kohler

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McMillin
                You can sure tell the difference between the slow nose case and this one by the prop sound.
                Chris...
                Uh, Chris....as I'm still learning can you please explain what you're saying for us who aren't engine gurus please?

Comment

Ken

How many times do you think CM ever ran full power on the course?

TWD

Comment

Originally posted by GeeBeeZ1931
                    Uh, Chris....as I'm still learning can you please explain what you're saying for us who aren't engine gurus please?
                    He was referring to the prop reduction drive. You can tell by the prop noise how fast it is spinning. The "slow nose" is late connie reduction drive. 3:1 I THINK.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris300s
                      Fenceliner -
                      Another pass from that week
                      Last edited by FENCELINER; 08-21-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
                        He was referring to the prop reduction drive. You can tell by the prop noise how fast it is spinning. The "slow nose" is late connie reduction drive. 3:1 I THINK.

Pretty close. .355. Stock is .433.

Thanks for the 2nd clip. Who is that CM goes by like they where tied to a stump? Dreadnought?

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper
                          Pretty close. .355. Stock is .433.

Thanks for the 2ed clip. Who is that CM goes by like there where tied to a stump? Dreadnought?
                          Sorry to say, I believe Miss Ashley II, #38

Comment

Miss Ashley II was my first guess. I sure do miss that old barbed wire fence.
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence
                              Miss Ashley II was my first guess. I sure do miss that old barbed wire fence.
                              I too miss that fence

Comment

Working...
                              X