No announcement yet.

Semi OT, but you need to read this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi OT, but you need to read this....

Proposed FAA airshow regulation changes.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to think this stuff up.

Re: Semi OT, but you need to read this....

"...FAA designates credentialed photographers as "non-essential personnel" thereby relegating them to shoot only from outside an air show's aerobatic box. This will prevent any EAA or credentialed media photographers forward of the crowd line during the daily Oshkosh air shows."

Imagine if that were to go through and apply even at Reno (or any Air Race event)... the Victors, Griffon Girls and Wayners of the world would be in a tight spot. Let's hope the EAA is able to talk some sense into the FAA.
    Last edited by Stevo; 10-27-2005, 07:36 PM.
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Comment

I think there is a difference here, though. In an 'aerobatic box', the aircraft is coming, going, approaching, etc. from different angles and areas at any given time...because the box is stationary. If a photographer is 'inside' that box, there is no 'safe' area.

At Reno, when the designated press is out at the pylons, we are 'inside' of what the FAA considers the 'scatter area'. Momentum would carry any wreckage away from us, not at or towards us.

I don't think those same laws of physics apply to an aerobatic box.

Just my .02.

Comment

From the press release:

For example, a proposed rule mandates that flight directions during air shows "shall be in one direction only." Literal interpretation would affect just about every large warbird air show in the country, including Oshkosh.
        What??? How does one do an Immelman or cuban 8 in "one direction only"?

So when was the last time a spectator was injured here in the good 'ol U S of A at an airshow??? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

My brain hurts...

Comment

Hmmmmm... Air Racing at a 1000' in one direction...

Would a loop be considered going in two directions?

No more sneak pass from the Thunderbirds...

Would there be a difference between a flyby and a performance?
          and who would qualify for what.

In the future will aircraft performing aerobatics or flybys not be able to land or takeoff at the location of viewing.............

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

All valid questions Victor. What about the opposing solos? Hmmmmmm? How they goin ta do dat?
            Air Race Addict, and firm believer in the idea that you can't have opposing solos if they are going the same direction.
            Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
              firm believer in the idea that you can't have opposing solos if they are going the same direction. [/B]

Dude....you think too much.

Comment

Working...
              X