Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's OFFICIAL - TUCSON ARIZONA AIR RACES ANNOUNCED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's OFFICIAL - TUCSON ARIZONA AIR RACES ANNOUNCED!

Well, it is completely official now.. we have yet another race in the series... CLICK HERE for more information on the TUCSON ARIZONA AIR RACES!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: It's OFFICIAL - TUCSON ARIZONA AIR RACES ANNOUNCED!

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
    Well, it is completely official now.. we have yet another race in the series... CLICK HERE for more information on the TUCSON ARIZONA AIR RACES!!

Wayne
    Yay, I get to be the first to send my congratulations to Mr. Landers!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! It's so great to hear about someone really working to expand the scope of air racing and to create an actual series. I have the highest hopes for this and send my thanks to Mr. Landers for all the hard work that he has done!
    --Amy

-Tomcats and Red Mustangs Forever-

Comment

Gonna be a busy year for the crews! But hey it's the shot in the arm we needed. Kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is great news for Air Racing more places more interests. Plus the sport definately needs more sponsors. The only questions I have is if the aircraft can perform multiple races so close together throughout the year. The attrition must be atrocious (sp?). Plus so many different climates must be a pain in the arse too.

Don't get me wrong this is awesome I just hope teams can keep up with such a busy schedule. I realize they work all year for one week, what kinda work will they have to do now. Any crews wish to elaborate???

Comment

Yeah, Mr. Dawson if your listening, I live in Texas and would love to be able to help out. And yes, I would change my Loggin name to maybe... SpiritFan105, something to that effect...
          Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by Wilnit
            This is great news for Air Racing more places more interests. Plus the sport definately needs more sponsors. The only questions I have is if the aircraft can perform multiple races so close together throughout the year. The attrition must be atrocious (sp?). Plus so many different climates must be a pain in the arse too.

Don't get me wrong this is awesome I just hope teams can keep up with such a busy schedule. I realize they work all year for one week, what kinda work will they have to do now. Any crews wish to elaborate???
            I was wondering the same thing. Will they be able to hold together till reno? Two of the top racers were out this year and none of them attended Tunica. Now another race. From a fans point of view I would personally like to see fewer races and more racers, even at the cost of less publicity.

I was shocked at how well Tunica turned out and already there is another race. Truely Amazing! Great job Mr. Landers!

Jarrod

Comment

Think of this as an evolution. Landers has really got his eye on the ball. I think he wants to see the sport expand and that doesn't always mean every class. I bet when the classes are confirmed it'll be a bit different. I had heard there are a few other races to be announced and those may be very different in scope, but with classes that make sence.

Think about it. In NASCAR there is a ladder series that travels the nation but not always the same classes racing on the weekends.

This guy's got some huge BA&&S to do this. Maybe he really is the wave of the future in air racing. And I've said this before, he's a really nice guy and really knows how to respect the pilots, teams and fans.

Think of how things would be if this guy was running Reno. Then folks would never have to wonder what will happen if Reno ever go's away. They'd be racing in locations all over the map.

I hope the racers will embrace this effort and support this guy. His successes will mean racers can actually pitch sponsors that want more than one place to race.

RARA's gotta crap over this...

Comment

What classes are invited and what classes have commited?
                Tom

Comment

For the sake of air racing hopefully it can support three races. I think it is going to be really tough for the unlimiteds. I myself don't see the top dogs running all out, or making all three races.

And as for IF1, well who knows what is going on there.

Comment

All I can say is watch out sport class!!! That class has the most potential to really get big. I can see a problem with getting alot of Unlimiteds for obvious reasons. Maybe if they dont run all out they can make a few more shows in a year. My .02

Comment

Look at the unlimiteds in Reno...there were several not there with the politics. Landers has earned the respect of the pilots and how they were treated in Tunica...and that's because he has a tremendous amount of respect for them as well.

Again...it's a first year event. I bet they'll have a bunch of Unlimiteds there and they may not be running like scalded dogs but It's going to be awesome! I bet the sport, T-6 and maybe even the jet class will join some unlimiteds...

Comment

I know about the politics at Reno. I have talked with a few pilots and I get the same things from them that I hear elsewhere. If Landers gets this going then RARA will crap their pants as well as they should. I also think it will be good for Reno. Competition!! Maybe RARA won't be so heavy handed with racers, vendors, press....ect. I see nothin but good out of this. Put up the pylons and they will come!!!

Comment

I just hope they're not taking it too fast. Those of us who've been around the sport long enough know that the 'series' idea has been floated around a long time. Every few years, someone tries to do it again, and it fizzles. ARU, anyone (Dallas, Denver)? How about the follow-up ARL (Kansas City)?

Comment

While I like more races, my credit card and bank account tells me I can make it only to Reno

Comment

More races per year => Advantage Dreadnought (as long as the winnings are big enough to cover the fuel bill, anyway!)

If this does catch on, will it mean a scaling back of "bleeding edge" racers like Dago, Strega, Rare Bear, and September Fury to allow them to run all the races? Or will the edge-bleeders pick one event (probably Reno) to attend and let the more durable but slower designs, like Dreadnought and the nearer-stock Mustangs, be the ones that run multiple races?

This could get interesting indeed

Comment

Working...
                              X