• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbird down.

Randy Rheinschild
    www.Unlimitedair.com

Re: Warbird down.

My husband just talked to the Vance family and yes, this was Art Vance flying the Chino museum's Hellcat.

He was headed from Sevierville, TN to Arkansas. There is one witness report it appeared he was trying to make an emergency landing in the median of I-40 near Cookeville, TN when he hit wires. No one on the freeway was hurt, although it had to be shut down for several hours. And the crash did knock out power to a nearby town.

Comment

I just herd who the pilot is.......
      Don't want to say anything till it's confirmed but if true a great loss to the racing community.

Tragic loss.... GOD speed and condolences to the family.
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

I have gotten confirmation through someone who had plans to spend a day hanging out at their hangar in couple of days and your right Victor, truley sad for racing......
        Randy Rheinschild
        www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

I've also heard "unofficially" that the family has been notified but we'll wait on saying anything further until we're sure...

Very sad...

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I just heard today that the Hellcat that was due into the Little Rock AFB air show (where I'm at) went down... then I get back to the hotel and find out who it was. It really is a sad day
            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
            My Photos
            My Ride

Comment

Working...
            X