Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Bull Air race webcast on Saturday

Originally posted by speeddemon
    True...but I don't think Wide World of Sports is on anymore....and Air Progress hasn't been published for at least 15 years.
    Speed-
    The question was more of what happened to the interest, not the venue's. What in society has made this less interesting? Obviously the faster media's, (like the internet have picked up and focused some of the fan base), but were did everybody else go...

Paul

Comment

Re: Red Bull Air race webcast on Saturday

Wide World of Sports is still on ABC in a sense. Some of the IRL races this year have started their broadcast with the same basic opening we all remember (the "agony of defeat" snow ski racer crash and burn over a dug-out or something...et al).

I really do miss Don Berliner's, Mike Dillon's, and Dave (?) Esler's Air Progress racing reports and articles. Much better written than MOL I've always felt. The more recent (than Air Progress) Sportsman Pilot articles though only illustarted with black & white ground photography were great to read too. Then there was the old California publication Aeronews Photo (I think out of Bakersfield) who knew how to write and illustrate a good race article too.

We all must hope that Mr. Lander's takes the Tunica races where they easily and most potentially could go. It is looking very good so far. With the growing slate of faster Unlimited, Sport Class, and Formula One racers one has to think this could be the real cross roads.

PLEASE some of you folks with big racing plans buy a Dago, a Czech Mate, and/or maybe a partially-completed, ready-for-race-mod Thunder Mustang and jump in.

Comment

Working...
      X