Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis AFB Oct.15-16 w/Raptor

Hi Ya'll,
    Travis AFB is supposed to have an airshow on October 15th & 16th.

They have scheduled the Thunderbirds for both days as well as the F-22 and B-2. Also scheduled is the B-29 "Fifi" (I thought she was down for mantanence?) as well as a Mustang and other warbirds.

Anyway, Travis has a bad habit of cancelling at the last minute. There's a couple folks on this board who are stationed at Travis, have you heard if it's really going to happen or not? The public relations office say's it's on, as well as the website www.travisairshow.com

I'm just trying to get a feel for the validity of these sources.

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Re: Travis AFB Oct.15-16 w/Raptor

It's going to happen. Hope to see some of you guys there!

Comment

FiFi couldn't make it to Oshkosh for corrosion in the wing, and that's all I know(not much news, I suppose).
      --Amy

-Tomcats and Red Mustangs Forever-

Comment

FiFi is still down and will be for quite some time. I saw the corrosion damage first hand last weekend at the Midland CAF airsho. They have a huge uphill battle to get her safe again. The guys on the crew I spoke with said 6-9 months and another 100-150k to finish. They have already racked up $650k and 17k man hours to get her to the point she is at now. The wing center section and rear fuse / vertical stab are done, the outer wing panels are off and being re-built. Then they are attacking the lower fuse around the bomb bay doors, and the lower cockpit area. I'll post pics when I get my film back.

Comment

FiFi corrosion.

Comment

Working...
          X