Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jets? Yes? No? Anyone?...

Or maybe an race L-59 with the bigger engines
    Can you imagine an airplane with the 15,000 hp bear engine? That would be really cool!
    Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky
      I would like to see diffrent jets like the first race, but hell planes are planes are planes, and the worst plane race is better than no plane race!
      I beg to differ...the helicopter race at Phoenix 10 years ago wasn't much to watch. I think I would rather have watched paint dry or cars rust.

Comment

Do you remember the Reno ultralight Race? Thankfully only run for one year. Late 70's I think.

During that race, I left on lap 2, cruised the booths and the pits, had a beer, visited the porta-potty, checked out the static displays and got back to my seat in time to watch the finish.

Okay, it wasn't that bad, but it was BAD! What really disappointed me was I thought the Mitchell Wing would outrun the rest...it was near last.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl
          I'd like to see them kill the L-39 races. This year was the worst ever. It wasn't a race, it was a parade. Bring back the Migs like the first demo or maybe F-86s like they raced in several other locations and you'd have something. The current jet races are just lame. Or if you want to make the L-39s interesting, give up on the "they are all the same" concept and make them "anything goes" L-39 racing and maybe there would be something interesting to watch!

Michele
          The Migs were great! Something about that flickering afterburner-those
          jets have real character. First time I saw and heard the F-104 fly, I thought
          the same thing -now there is a historical plane with a uniqueness that
          sets it apart from the rest. What gives the 104 that whistling sound I do not
          know but it's beautiful.

First and foremost I'm a prop plane person though.

Comment

Gimme pistons and props -- any class! Who needs more whining?
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl
              I'd like to see them kill the L-39 races. This year was the worst ever. It wasn't a race, it was a parade. Bring back the Migs like the first demo or maybe F-86s like they raced in several other locations and you'd have something. The current jet races are just lame. Or if you want to make the L-39s interesting, give up on the "they are all the same" concept and make them "anything goes" L-39 racing and maybe there would be something interesting to watch!

Michele
              I'm with you Grrrl! If we HAVE to be subjected to the sickening stink of jet fuel then give us a real UNLIMITED jet race. Better though if only piston engines are allowed. Bring back the T-28s and let them modify them as desired. Also allow up to 1000 CI in the sport class and run some real meaningful classes. I'm looking to see some small radials in the sport class with modern purpose built racers surrounding a REAL powerplant. The NXTs made the flat engine cowling look pretty good but they were still just that....flat engines, and that's just how they leave me.

Comment

Working...
              X