Sorry for Miss Ashley link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for Miss Ashley link

Since I do not check here to often I do feel bad for posting the photo link some time back.I thonght it might have fell into the lines of the pics of red baron tail @ chino people posted for that I am sorry for posting & hope that my wrong can be righted from here on in .

Mike

Re: Sorry for Miss Ashley link

Woof you have a PM
    Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

I guess I missed the comotion. What were the photos of?

Michele

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl
        I guess I missed the comotion. What were the photos of?

Michele
        The remnants were for sale.

Comment

Don't worry....I don't think you did anything wrong. You had to click on a lick to view the photos.

John

Comment

I could see that some people would find that to be an issue but I think it would be safe to say that many warbirds flying today have pieces of or even were rebuilt from wrecks that took the lives of the crew. In this case I knew the people involved personally and even did some minor engineering to do some performance predictions for Bill before the plane flew, saw the crash and I don't think I'd have been upset by the photos. It can't be as bad as the pictures of the actual break up. I also think there were photos of the wreckage in the local papers. I usually visit the site of the Pond crash and MAII by myself every year and spend a private moment paying my respects to two pilots who I enjoyed knowing.

I guess we all react differently.

Michele

Comment

Michelle - your statement about visiting the crash sites and paying your respects is the most eloquent comment I've ever seen on this board. I wish every one that enjoys the races would pause and reflect in your manner. Please let me know how to contact you next year and I would be honored to accompany you.

Sincerely,

Mike Arnold
              fenceliner01
              Last edited by fenceliner01; 09-28-2005, 10:21 PM. Reason: truncated thought, fuzzy logic

Comment

Maybe next year we can get a group together to pay our respects. Our friends are never truly lost if we keep them in our hearts.

Michele

Comment

Michelle,

I did see the photos and they gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my bowles..

I wish we could have just let this one disappear...

Anyway, I emailed the original poster with my feelings about it (no, I did not bash him) and several of the "players" have emailed me for the link to them..

They are NOT for sale on the site mentioned, they are on the site but not listed on the main page of the site.. I don't personally know what they expect to do with them, the shots, apparantly were taken right after the accident at Reddick's..

Let's put this one to bed OK??

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by fenceliner01
                    Michelle - your statement about visiting the crash sites and paying your respects is the most eloquent comment I've ever seen on this board. I wish every one that enjoys the races would pause and reflect in your manner. Please let me know how to contact you next year and I would be honored to accompany you.

Sincerely,

Mike Arnold
                    fenceliner01
                    As would I....

Bill Kohler

Comment

Sorry Wayne, one last thought.
                      Does any one else think, there should be a memorial built at Reno. While visiting certain sites is touching, the whole Field is hollowed ground, considering the number that have paid the ultimate price, there. Considerate of the sensitive and the current competitors who don't want to dwell on mortality during a race, maybe by the chapel, or...?
                      It bothers me that memories are allowed to slip away, due to the tradegy of it's end, but those lives should be celebrated for what they have lived.

Paul

Comment

I'd like to see a memorial at Reno dedicated to all aviators that pushed the limits but have left us to whatever lies beyond. It is the spirit that they represent that has given us the incredible aviation advances we take for granted today. The "right stuff" every way you can measure it. I think in particular the memorial could also list the names of those great aviators that were directly involved in Reno and have passed on.

I wonder what we could do to make that happen?

Michele

Comment

I'd like to see a memorial at Reno dedicated to all aviators that pushed the limits but have left us to whatever lies beyond. It is the spirit that they represent that has given us the incredible aviation advances we take for granted today. The "right stuff" every way you can measure it. I think in particular the memorial could also list the names of those great aviators that were directly involved in Reno and have passed on.

I wonder what we could do to make that happen?

Michele
                          That is a great idea. Would it help to start an online petition to ask RARA to consider building this? Could we raise some money maybe? Looking at the $$$ raised by the Rare Bear "fan sponsor" program, I wonder what could be done by the fans to erect such a memorial...
                          _________
                          -Matt
                          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

When Howie Keefe owned Miss America he had a memorial under the cowling for pilots that were lost i thought that was cool Shawn

Comment

I wonder what we could do to make that happen? Michele
                              I'd chip in for a memorial, pictures would be nice, but even a simple engraved plate on a wall, wouldn't cost that much.
                              It probably wouldn't be a popular location, but I think a 'wall' beneath the race time boards, would be appropriate tribute, to those who got us were we are.
                              History teaches, let's not forget the teachers.

Paul......................Mike you listening?

Comment

Working...
                              X