Voodoo in 2005?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo in 2005?

I may have missed this earlier, but what happened to Voodoo this year. I didn't get to Reno until Friday night and Saturday in the pits it looked like there was work to be done but nobody working. I figured there must have been a major problem but forgot to wander back and ask.
    Anyone know what happened in this 'year of the missing merlins'?
    TomL

Re: Voodoo in 2005?

Voodoo had some engine issues, then after working out some bugs, Button got a little nose low on a landing and pranged the prop. That did more engine damage and she was done for the year.

Comment

Actually I am not entirely sure Bob SLIGHTLY pranging the prop caused the compression loss in three cylinders. The engine is getting worked on as we speak and Bob has plans to take his purple Mustang to Las Vegas after a side trip to Texas for a little touch-up. I think Bob has BIG plans for Voodoo next year. Can't say what they are right now, but when the time is right I will share with you all.

Dave

Comment

Awww Lininger come on!! You can tell us. We won't tell anyone!!

Race 29
        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

As Connie Chung said, "just between you and I"..

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
            Awww Lininger come on!! You can tell us. We won't tell anyone!!
            Race 29
            Yeah, what he said! That's what PMs are for!

Bob just needs a race canopy size XXL and a monster mouse!
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
              Voodoo had some engine issues, then after working out some bugs, Button got a little nose low on a landing and pranged the prop. That did more engine damage and she was done for the year.
              Any chance they'll clip that prop and go flying with it like Strega?

Comment

Thought the dance at the end of the runway when the tail wheel stuck on Saturday was cute too...
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

The Voodoo prop has already been fixed. Each blade was shortened (approx. 1") and the prop rebalanced and buffed out. If you didn't know what had happened, you'd never notice anything had been done.

SA

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                    Thought the dance at the end of the runway when the tail wheel stuck on Saturday was cute too...
                    Leo-
                    Were you out there with the F1 Group, watching the pirouette's ?

Paul

Comment

Here are some pics of the blades after the strike as curled. The next morning they were shaved (noticably) and the blades were marked 1,2,3,4 with a sharpie.
                      Attached Files

Comment

What actually happened was the right brake failed on roll out just after touch down on our early morning testflight. I burned up the left brake getting Voodoo stopped. Unfortunately I sheared the tailwheel lock pin keeping her straight. The left brake had too much drag and would not let me taxi in. Needless to say I tried for a while thinking I could man handle her back to the pits. Alas I failed !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          Alas I failed !!!!!!!
                          And yet, amazingly, we STILL like you!

Comment

Man and I thought he was cool before!!! Brute honesty at it's best.

Comment

lol, Isn't he terrific like that? A really honest and damn nice guy, And I seriously hope Voodoo returns to Tunica next year up with you once more.. Hell, Maybe I can follow you around loaning you a pen for autographs again? :P

Yess, I want to be a Voodoo groupie or something. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X