What of Furias?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What of Furias?

After her last performance, I was hoping Furias would return this year. Does anyone have any information on when she might return?

Re: What of Furias?

Originally posted by FlyKidChris
    After her last performance, I was hoping Furias would return this year. Does anyone have any information on when she might return?
    I saw Bill Rogers crawling around the inside of Argonaut, looking at the 'second seat' installation. Later that afternoon, my dad talked to him and said that Furias was sitting in 'many pieces' on the hangar floor at Paine Field. In addition to putting in a second seat, I guess there are a lot of significant modifications that they are putting on to the plane, but they just ran out of time to get them all together in time for Reno this year. Discretion being the better part of valor, they decided not to rush it and just set their sights on doing it 'right' and being ready for '06.

They're still serious about racing...but they lost Aeromix as their sponsor, and are looking for $$$ to make things happen.

Comment

Serious about racing and installing a second seat are not the same thing.

Comment

I beg to differ. The Spirit of Texas is a two seater. And I think Mr. Dawson is very serious about racing.
        Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

so.....Dreadnought has won how many races?......It has two seats.

Comment

Yea, I agree.. .They ARE serious about racing! The second seat is for "SPONSOR" and "MEDIA" rides and the like.

The airplane has four thousand three hundred and sixty cubic inches. I'm not really sure but I doubt that the engine is going to notice the few extra lbs in the back from the extra seat.. Now, an areo cleanup.. that the engine WOULD notice and don't think that the boys up in Everett are ignoring that angle!

LOL.. Bill Rogers not serious about Air Racing. The only guy I know personally who built a Mustang from scratch, then on losing that, dove right in and bought a ready to race (almost) airplane to get back in the saddle again...

That guy's the most serious air racer I've ever known!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X