Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The hearbreaker photos

I am really sort of fond of this one.
    You really like it? I have several just like it you can have!
    Last year my son started doing all our video taping. Our first day at the valley of speed he was very busy, and sure he got some great stuff, including the Dago/Precious formations. Could'nt wait to show it to the rest of the family that night, to discover he was'nt watching the "pause"/'record" light in the viewer and got it backwards. A whole hour of his feet.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
      [B]Well,
      I am really sort of fond of this one.
      I'm using it as a screen saver..

Comment

Bill I think you are the winner so far. Your shot is definately the most "ouch" of them all.
        Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

You know the worst thing about this thread is that it has been looked at 4 to 5 times more that threads with some of the best aviation photos anywhere on the net!!!! Funny how many comments fu@kup photos get compaired to great ones
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

I think it may be the threads title Victor. Some guests probably see that and think we might be talking about some of the ladies that were at Reno
            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
            My Photos
            My Ride

Comment

Dang it Stevo.... I can't get nuthin by you, you busted me again!!!
              Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                I think it may be the threads title Victor. Some guests probably see that and think we might be talking about some of the ladies that were at Reno
                Hey I have some photos of....... oops, nevermind (CLASSIFIED)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                  You really like it? I have several just like it you can have!
                  Last year my son started doing all our video taping. Our first day at the valley of speed he was very busy, and sure he got some great stuff, including the Dago/Precious formations. Could'nt wait to show it to the rest of the family that night, to discover he was'nt watching the "pause"/'record" light in the viewer and got it backwards. A whole hour of his feet.
                  Leo,
                  I got my Press Pass in 2000 before they really cracked down on the gig. I have some very interesting footage at Pylon 8 of my feet. The tracks in the fine dust look like Neil Armstrong's footprints on the moon. HAH! The sound is incredible, (which helps those who may be confused as to just where the heck I am ) It's funny because I did exactly what you are talking about for the first three or four laps. My explanation/excuse is that I was shooting video and stills, (you can hear my still camera shutter occasionally). So, the video goes something like this..... feet in the dust with some great engine noise with excellent dopplar effect, video raises to view the pylon, then the view returns to the dust, for three cycles. Talk about being ticked! Luckily it happened my first trip out to the pylons and I was VERY careful not to make the same mistake. I did the same thing where you can watch my feet as I get up in the grandstand and wander down to the refreshment area. INCREDIBLE VIDEO and sounds. HAH!
                  Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

We even saved a little of it on the final edit. It's so funny to watch, and the kid gets ticked every time!
                    He'll be glad to know he's not alone!
                    My first trip out was to outer 4 in 82. I remember thinking "these pictures are going to be awesome!". Then the first pass, and I was so rattled by the whole thing that all I got was blurs for most of the day! Could'nt concentrate!
                    Like watching my father-in-law at the fencline, the first time the jets came towards us he yelled "S**t" and ran for the car. Too close for him!
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
                      You know the worst thing about this thread is that it has been looked at 4 to 5 times more that threads with some of the best aviation photos anywhere on the net!!!! Funny how many comments fu@kup photos get compaired to great ones
                      Victor,
                      Dude! That's because everyone sits in front of their computers in complete total awe and admiration for the beautiful shots you and a few others take and share with us. Words can't accurately describe how great they are. I've been shooting the Air Races for a long time and still get maybe 10 out of a hundred worth sharing, (if that). I know some of it has to do with the equipment, but a lot of it has to do with artistic and technical ability. I would be spending all freakin day just telling you how great your photos are Just keep sharing.
                      I have a tendency to believe it is exactly what Stevo says. It's the thread title.
                      Sincerely, Bill (aka:.........)
                      Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

*sigh*

Attached Files
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wow Wayne, a new thing. Instead of prop blur it's now pylon blur.
                          Jarrod

Comment

OK, Damnit I'll play too.............
                            I call this one: Here comes the sun.......

Reno 2005 Gallery:

Comment

Is this what happens when you use too much Nitrus Oxide?

Comment

Even your bloopers are cool.
                                It's kinda artsy, reflecting the beauty and ZEN of pylon racing...wow man.
                                airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X