Notice To Members Who Registered Between March 15 and September 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice To Members Who Registered Between March 15 and September 23

To all who have registered in the time period from about March 15 until Friday night, September, 23, our sincere apologies but due to a glitch during Hurricane Rita preparations, your membership identity has probably been lost. If you have problems logging in with your previous member name/password combination, we encourage you to sign up again!

Many good posts and information sharing has been lost and this is very sad. We sincerely hope that all of you will return and continue to make this the most exciting air race place in cyberspace!

Also, as a friendly note to visitors who post messages but are not registered. Please remember, you are welcome to post unregistered but your message will fall into a queue, to be reviewed prior to "approval" for public viewing. Also, a LARGE part of the criteria for getting into public view is a "signature" on the unregistered message (people really like to know that who wrote a post has an identity they are willing to share).

Discussions are not only allowed on this board, they are encouraged. That said, we will simply not allow someone who wishes to remain anonymous to "discuss" something, particularly to disagree with someone else who has stated who they are.

The only way we can keep this board open for those who either can't register, for whatever reason, or who forget their login and wish to post, is to do it as we are now, reviewing all unregistered messages prior to them being in public view. When we read a "challenging" answer to a post, whether we agree with it or not, if the poster has chosen not to give any information about themselves, the message loses all value and will be deleted.

We remind everyone, registration only requires that you have a valid email address so that we can confirm you are who you say you are and that you add your first and last name in your registration form (only visible to Admins and Moderators), it's very easy, it's free and has a host of additional benefits, other than instant posting of your message on the board.

Thanks....

Admin
    Last edited by AAFO_WSagar; 10-18-2005, 07:28 PM.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Notice To Members Who Registered Between March 15 and September 23

Got home after a dark and dreary AAFO-less weekend (contrary to popular belief, I DO have a life . . .), I tried logging in . . . Pause . . . *blink blink* Huh?? Hmmm . . . stumbled upon Wayne's message here--March seems so very long ago! Well, all is well again! Wayne, we say it all the time, but THANK YOU for creating such an AWESOME site and working so hard to update those of us who can't make it to Reno!!! Rock on!
    --Amy

-Tomcats and Red Mustangs Forever-

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronut7
      Got home after a dark and dreary AAFO-less weekend (contrary to popular belief, I DO have a life . . .), I tried logging in . . . Pause . . . *blink blink* Huh?? Hmmm . . . stumbled upon Wayne's message here--March seems so very long ago! Well, all is well again! Wayne, we say it all the time, but THANK YOU for creating such an AWESOME site and working so hard to update those of us who can't make it to Reno!!! Rock on!
      Thanks Amy... I will have to remember not to do critical tasks when under pressure tho.. Would have been nice if I'd not have deleted half the year's message base!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne if you ever need a spare server to back up on, just shoot me an email and I'll loan ya some space. It sucks so bad when you lose hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by NDNDixie
          Wayne if you ever need a spare server to back up on, just shoot me an email and I'll loan ya some space. It sucks so bad when you lose hard work.
          Thanks.. same goes to you.. Let's hope we don't feel the need to backup off site again! I do keep a copy here, only it is a "manual" backup which takes a LOT more time than a quick "wget" move/backup!!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X