DAGO RED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DAGO RED

I too, want to thank Mr. Bland and the whole crew for the years of excitement! Dago has always put a smile on my face.

Ya know, I kinda hate to bring this up, but I remember reading when Terry Bland bought Dago, he originaly was going to restore her to stock. He then decided that since the racer was ready to go, and would be very competitive with a minimal (relatively) envestment, he'd race for a few years. Maybe that time has come for him? I hope not for my own nasty, personal, selfesh, reasons. (joke intended) No matter what is decided, I wish the whole team the best of luck!

Race 29

Comment

I don't have an inside track but I can imagine the decision is simple: A guy with the means gathered a top notch team, won championships seemingly without effort, clearly the class of the field for a few years,(and still is/are) set a racing record, and now have NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE. Say what you want about the Bear, these guys were in a league of their own as I see it. An interesting period in air racing history and we all got to see it.

Sure was fun to watch though!
      Thanks Team Dago for a great run! It won't be the same without you.
      GP in Houston.

Comment

STEVE.
        AMEM...TERRY & GANG HAVE BEEN SUCH A CLASS ACT IN OUR SPORT THAT ALL WE CAN SAY IS "THANKS"............AND HOLD OUR BREATH TO SEE WHAT IS NEXT AVIATION WISE WITH THIS GROUP
        ...IF NOTHING HAPPENS WE ARE STILL THE WINNERS...WHO KNOWES
        WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS ...BUTT WITH TERRY & GANG I WANT TO BE AROUND TO WATCH....ONCE AGAIN THANKS!!!!!!!!

Comment

My BIG THANKS to the whole Dago-Red-Team
          for years of more than competative racing.

That´s how I´ll remember Dago...

...Coming around pylon 8 as the leader of the pack.
          With a helluvasound at race-power.

I´m sure, we´ll see most members of the team
          back at Reno. Good luck with your future projects!

But the plane will be hardly missed

Jan

Aerojan's Aviation Photography : Pictures of the Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show
          Jan

http://www.AirRace.info = http://www.airrace.de

Comment

Hopefully the PEOPLE that made Dag Red a champion will still be active in the sport and build something even better! After all, it wasn't the airplane itself, it was the folks who built it, maintained it, built and maintained the engine, flew it, etc etc who made it all happen , and if Dago Red is returned to "stock", so what. The hard working geniuses who put her in the winners circle are NOT being "returned to stock"!
            Ron Henning

Comment

I'm sure Dan will eventually answer this himself but one of the things I remember from our conversation the other day was that the airplane was NOT slated to go back to stock.

I think Terry understands that this airplane's true history lies in being an air racer and NOT in a stock configuration..

Much as, in my honest opinion, does White Lightnin'... but that's another story.....

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

That's great news! Hopefully we'll one day see her out on the course, a'la Strega! Or maybe we'll see her along side Bob Odegaard's F2G-1 on a national airshow tour? Put Critcal Mass in there for the trifecta! That would be a great way to help promote the sport, and get to people who might not other wise put up the cash to travel to Reno, Vegas, or Tunica? Once they see these fabuloso racers in person, They might get sucked in. I live not too far from Reno, but I didn't go until I saw The Red Baron at an airshow at McClellan AFB. (and because, ya know.......I was 7). Anyway, just a thought.

Sorry about the earlier "unregisTURD" post. I recently upgraded my whole Comp. system, and forgot to log in!

Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                X