Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaming...

I think this is a really funny photo...

Seriously though, this is our friend Dan Gilbert, who built #39 Shadow (since sold to Charlie Greer) and who REALLY wants to win a Reno Gold. For the last several years Dan has been working on a new and fairly radical racer. During our last visit with Dan he was working on the control geometry and seating position, which produced this photo (taken in his race trailer). Of particular interest is the unusual wing, which Dan describes as an "improved Nemesis wing section". It is relatively thick, with the thickest point quite far back.

This should be an interesting project to watch.
    Attached Files

Re: Dreaming...

Here's Dan in rather fast company, back in 1997. Photo by Birgitta...
    Attached Files

Comment

Cool, Wingman!
      Is there any more info on Dan's plane?
      Anders

Comment

Are there any 3 views or good layout photos for the Shadow or the new plane? I enjoy building models of racing planes. I'm always looking for something different.

Arch

Comment

Hello Anders -- The airplane is complete, and ready for the first coat of paint, whenever Dan's shop gets warm enough to do so. It is reasonably light -- provisional weight about 565 pounds with paint. The wing was built by Craig Catto, and the wheelpants I believe by Klaus Savier of the Sport class -- the rest iis pretty much all designed, engineered and built by Dan. It is a pretty small airframe -- rather short and fairly shallow per the recent rule change regarding fuselage depth. There is a partial metal fuselage truss, with the rest carbon fiber. Dan is an accomplished builder of serious race motors, so he's doing his own O-200.

Like I said -- should be interesting...

Neal

Comment

Working...
          X