Still February blahs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still February blahs

Things are a little slow around here! Here are a couple of unusual views of a famous place, taken while visiting friends after Reno 04.

Name the Racing connection....
    Attached Files

Re: Still February blahs

The photo's were taken over the San Francisco bay... the racing connection, I'm not sure on that one.
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Comment

The photos are taken from a Sport Class racer, but which one? First guess, the Glasair II-TD, Race #40 of Earl Hibler.

http://www.airrace.org/sportResultsQueryDisplay.php
      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Lol.....I've never seen "The Bridge" from quite that perspective before....Nice.

Comment

Cool-hope he didn't get violated as that roll was done within controlled airspace. The feds have no sense of humor (or common sense as obviously this was a perfectly safe maneuver).

Ron Henning
          Ron Henning

Comment

In the midst of my blahs, I've been looking at some of my '04 photos. Here's a shot of the oxygen control panel in the Red Yak, Race #88. This is not an original equipment item, so the challenge to the experienced warbird wrenches out there is to identify the source of this controller. I have no idea.
            Attached Files
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Yes Pea -- It was Earl's Race #40. Two years in the Gold with the wheels out in the breeze. This thing has a serious motor -- the acceleration on takeoff is really something!

He says everything we did was legal -- he was certainly in contact with controllers, and they knew him by name. Legal or not, it was really impressive, and really fun. I don't get to get upside down very often. Birgitta enjoyed her ride too. She came back all excited about learning what an "Immelman" was. She'd never heard of such a thing.... til she did one.

Neal
              Attached Files

Comment

okay, how about a loop ??
                (Video is about 4.7 megs)

the other Wayne................

Comment

blah! But think about Septemeber.... and even June!

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                  Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Peashooter, I looked and looked and couldn't find a regulator out there that looked like that one. If you get really bored go HERE to read a little about the O2 regulator we have in the C-5.
                    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                    My Photos
                    My Ride

Comment

That regulator reminds me of the ones that we had on our 'H' model C-130's. If memory serves, our wing was flying Herks built in 74.

That's my guess for the regulator.

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                        In the midst of my blahs, I've been looking at some of my '04 photos. Here's a shot of the oxygen control panel in the Red Yak, Race #88. This is not an original equipment item, so the challenge to the experienced warbird wrenches out there is to identify the source of this controller. I have no idea.

I don't think you will find that controller in any WW2 era warbird.

You will find it in a L-188, L-382, DC-8 and 747 that I know of.

I'm sure lots of other aircraft as well.

DT

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          I don't think you will find that controller in any WW2 era warbird.

You will find it in a L-188, L-382, DC-8 and 747 that I know of.

I'm sure lots of other aircraft as well.

DT
                          Heeeey DT... good to hear from you.. Bet the board forgot your login since we changed servers last month....

I'll have the control panel send you a password reminder (reset) notice and you should be able to get back in if you forgot your password...

Gimme a call once in a while! I got cheap LD, I can call ya right back if you let me know when you're available..

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                          X