Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

I found this link in a political forum (of all places)...really nice pics. If anybody knows Richard Seaman, does he sell prints?

Cool photos and descriptions by a professional aviation photographer of the aircraft flying at Nellis Air Force Base Aviation Nation airshow near Las Vegas, Nevada.

Don

Re: Nellis 2004 Pictures Link

Don-
    Awesome shots, (I think he's done this work before), thanks for the link.

Great F-22 and Precious Metal shot.

Poke around alittle, he has some interesting stuff. On the "Aircraft & Military Museum Wallpaper" page, he has a "conditions of use" clause and E-mail address.

Paul

Comment

I've seen his stuff, he may well be the best ground to air shooter I've ever seen....

We must band together and break his arms.. maybe his legs too.. whatddya say fellow shooters.. we gonna let this guy go on!!

OK OK OK.... just kidding!!!!!!!!

He is really good, I'd like to know what he's using and HOW in heck he does it! Shots of that calibur are not just equipment alone, it's more in his techinque... he's got to be a steady as a rock and have the best eye possible for focus... on my monitor, they appear a bit overexposed (too light) but I'd bet it's just a processing (for the net) glitch and not the orignal exposure level. He's good! (damnit! )

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey I think this guy shoots some pretty good stuff too!

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Marauder61
          Hey I think this guy shoots some pretty good stuff too!

http://www.pbase.com/wjpearce/nellis
          Hey, that jerk stole my.... wait a sec. Oh!

So many more to do, so little time.

Thanks Victor!

Bill Pearce
          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
          Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
            Hey, that jerk stole my.... wait a sec. Oh!

So many more to do, so little time.

Thanks Victor!

Bill Pearce
            LOL Bill.. hope you didn't feel slighted by my comments about his stuff, as good as you are, and you are good, this guy's unbelievable!

And I don't say that to take anything away from anyone, it's just astoundingly good..

BTW... I *think* he shoots with a Canon 1ds that big ol' 12mp unit... not sure though.. it could be film.. darn clean whatever it is!

His is the level of clarity that I have sought since the first time I pressed a shutter... it escapes me and probably always will.. Oh well...

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
              LOL Bill.. hope you didn't feel slighted by my comments about his stuff, as good as you are, and you are good, this guy's unbelievable!

And I don't say that to take anything away from anyone, it's just astoundingly good..

BTW... I *think* he shoots with a Canon 1ds that big ol' 12mp unit... not sure though.. it could be film.. darn clean whatever it is!

His is the level of clarity that I have sought since the first time I pressed a shutter... it escapes me and probably always will.. Oh well...

Hey Mav you got that number to that truck driving school, truckmaster I think it is. I think I might just need that......NOT

Comment

Originally posted by Marauder61
                Hey Mav you got that number to that truck driving school, truckmaster I think it is. I think I might just need that......NOT
                errr... you guys are not thinkin' I'm slighting *any* of you are you???????

You're all shooting better than I am, that's for sure but I've been pretty amazed at this guys shots.. they are so darn close in (magnification) and clear at the same time, I've just never been able to accomplish that...

I truly am a bit dense these days... (damn 8 weeks worth of zapps to the brain stem ) but I do hope I am not dinging you guys by complimenting this one....

I'm the one that might well need that truckmaster thingie!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne-

HE'S USING THE DISPOSABLES...

Go to his site index & click on "photography" in the banner, he explains his camera choices over the years. Switched from Pentax's to Canon10D-digital. (Really is an interesting site).

Go by the old adage, if you can't beat him, hire him....
                  If not, I'll bring the Wiffle Ball bat, and we can work him over....

It's like going to a gallery and trying to decide which artist is better.
                  Wayne, Victor, Bill and the rest, you guy's are ALL AWESOME..
                  Thanks for helping capture our collective passion.
                  I'm getting misty now.

Paul

Comment

Break both of their right index fingers. That's the punishment for making the rest of us look like hacks.

Both have some great pics but I think Bill's gallery tells the story of the event a bit better from a pictoral perspective.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
                      Wayne-

HE'S USING THE DISPOSABLES...

Go to his site index & click on "photography" in the banner, he explains his camera choices over the years. Switched from Pentax's to Canon10D-digital. (Really is an interesting site).

Go by the old adage, if you can't beat him, hire him....
                      If not, I'll bring the Wiffle Ball bat, and we can work him over....

It's like going to a gallery and trying to decide which artist is better.
                      Wayne, Victor, Bill and the rest, you guy's are ALL AWESOME..
                      Thanks for helping capture our collective passion.
                      I'm getting misty now.

Paul
                      Rick & Tim are also great photographers .

To be brutaly honest In "My Own Opinion" (which aint worth squat ) I don't care for his photos . He has good timing but the photos look to be heavly croped , they are grainy and washed out .

Have a look here:

There are at least twenty photographers there, that have, in "My Own Opion" higher quality shots .

Just an observation .

Comment

Wayne, I would never even think you we knocking my photos. Until the day that you clearly state "Bill's photos suck" I will not think you an knocking them.

I appreciate all the nice comments on this thread about my photos. I am glad that people like them.

I think there are a number of photographers here that do incredible stuff. The thing is, someone will always nail a shot that you missed and you will think "Damn I wish I got that". But guess what, you nailed a shot that he missed and he is thinking "Damn I wish I got that."

No one sees the trash shots (I don't mind showing them but I rather spend the time on the nice ones). We all make some great ones, and miss some great ones. Those that we miss are the ones we remember.

In my opinion, that dude has some really nice stuff. I was impressed and I thought "Damn I wish I got that." At the same time I liked some of mine better. It is all relative and a matter of personal preference.

In the end, do your best and don't worry about any one else.

Bill
                        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

At least the guy is smart...He carries a big Canon!!!!

Comment

I is wished I's bee smarts. Gotsta go needz to finished duct tapein my teleoscope tooz me Poloroide.

Comment

I agree with Bill and Tim; shoot what you like and carry a big Canon.

Comment

Working...
                              X