Mini Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mini Me

When it blows from the West at Reno, we goes to RedRock for R/C slope soaring.

This is a 2-meter Multiplex ASW-27. There are almost always local guys from the Sparks club there as well. Best deal is to do the Gold Race at the VOS, then head right up to Red Rock -- with the exception of Sunday! Peas
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

I think it was either in 93, 94, or 95 I saw a guy fly a large scale rarebear early in the morning and then a quickie 500 tried to launch and nearly hit a few national guardsmen. After that I think it was nixed. I too have a thunder tiger rarebear still in her cave(box). I am itching at starting it soon!!. See yall in a few short 7 months....
      Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Back in the late 70's, early 80's they spun one into the grandstands. Thank goodness there were few there that time of the morning. It used to be fun. something to keep the diehards occupied during our lousy coffee.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

That makes 3 of us with a TT Bear in the box.

I also have a Royal Bearcat done up as Pardue's Bearcat and I have a GP Learjet and GP Mustang 1/2 way bashed into Miss Ashley II. (the left over pieces will make a weird looking Learjet if I can work that out.)

I miss the R/C demos at the races but it's just too crowded on the ramp nowadays to fly with any safety margin. They could go out by the home pylon but then you couldn't see them.

I flew hanggliders off Peavine and Red Rock in the 80's. I haven't been over there with my R/Cs yet...I'll have to check it out. I have a 5 meter Ka-8e and a 4 meter Salto that would be cool to fly there if i could get them down to the lakebed to land. Guess I'll break out the Zagis and Mongo to top land

Don Hatten
          Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Don - I'd love to see a photo of your Miss Ashley II. When Keith Shaw started talking about doing a big electric Czech mate last year I immediately started daydreaming about a TF Giant Mustang kit bashed into Vendetta with a G-62.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris300s
              Don - I'd love to see a photo of your Miss Ashley II. When Keith Shaw started talking about doing a big electric Czech mate last year I immediately started daydreaming about a TF Giant Mustang kit bashed into Vendetta with a G-62.

Chris
              Well, it'll be a while before the kit bash Miss Ashley actually looks like anything. I have all the parts cut out and I started on the wing but then I got caught up in other projects. If you go to RCU and do a search, there are some of my projects there (Super Strikemaster and AKM Mig 29)

I would love to see your Vendetta get done, that would be cool. I have a Hostetler "Full Tilt Boogie" Bipe in the pile to build. I also have plans for the Cobra racing bipe (bash into Sundancer) Hope get to them one of these days. But I find the older I get, the less time I can spend building. I used to pump out about 6 or 7 planes a year, now if I can do 2, I'm doing good. {sigh}

Don

Comment

Working...
              X