Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Model builders- what are you working on?

Smile Re: Model builders- what are you working on?

Those RC airplane Zinger Props worked out real nice on the RB-51 scale model. I have a lot of extra props from my R.C. flying. That looks like a great application or use of them. I fly in the Senior Pattern Association here in Texas flying Phoenix 7 and DirtyBirdy in Advanced Class.Always wanted to do paint scheme on them that would represent one of the Reno Racers as a stand off scale airplane. We are all flooded out in Texas now. Need to do some building until field opens.
    Mark G. Ehlers

Arrow Re: Model builders- what are you working on?

Well guys I am not building I am RE building this morning on my fourth flight I did a fast low runway pass and did a let turn and did a DUMB THUM, so now it is rebuild mode. ::

Default Re: Model builders- what are you working on?

Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Those RC airplane Zinger Props worked out real nice on the RB-51 scale model. I have a lot of extra props from my R.C. flying. That looks like a great application or use of them. I fly in the Senior Pattern Association here in Texas flying Phoenix 7 and DirtyBirdy in Advanced Class.Always wanted to do paint scheme on them that would represent one of the Reno Racers as a stand off scale airplane. We are all flooded out in Texas now. Need to do some building until field opens.
    We did not get near the rainfall down here in Beaumont that ya'll got up that way.. The Zinger prop is not the greatest prop as far as efficiency by today's standards but they do serve the scale appearance well for the RB. They are 20X10's and depending on final amp draw I might go up to a 20X12.. It won't be a pylon racer plane by any means but so long as it has a "scale appearing" speed I will be happy..

I flew a Dirty Birdy for several years back in the early 80's.. Was a great plane that tracked well and had virtually no coupling issues.. I really liked it..

Rick

Want to do one like this but in larger scale.

My dad bagged a mig in this plane.

That is great looking but I am kind of stuck on Mustangs

Wow, that is a great looking Skyraider. I wish my modeling skills were that good.

Will

That is one beautiful detailing job a big high five for that one

I wish my modeling skills were that good as well.

I can't claim that is mine but I showed the photo hoping someone had knowledge of a larger scale version of this exact model so I can try my hands at it.

Quote Originally Posted by IcePaq View Post
    I wish my modeling skills were that good as well.

I can't claim that is mine but I showed the photo hoping someone had knowledge of a larger scale version of this exact model so I can try my hands at it.
    The Midway Museum has a pretty large model like the one in your picture.
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA--...der/2005395/L/

Your dad bagged a MiG in a Skyraider, or in 577? If it was (Canasta) 577, then Lt. Clinton B. Johnson?

*Yeah that's right, I know how to Google.

He flew 577 during that mission which had more radios and was used as a relay.

It also had an ADF you could tune to hanoi hannah so her transmitter got pounded.