Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Model builders- what are you working on?

Default Re: Model builders- what are you working on?

so what i am working on is i am starting my own model business where i use the magic of 3d printing to make conversion parts so you can turn any model kit in to a Reno unlimited air racer. so first up is voodoo in 1/48 scale then will be strega then dago red but i will cover all of the Reno air planes that have raced since 1963 and some airplanes will be there own model kit. and those will be miss Ashley 2 tsunami and the twin boom pond racer. i will do other scales but after i find out how well 1/48 sells.

Quote Originally Posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
    so what i am working on is i am starting my own model business where i use the magic of 3d printing to make conversion parts so you can turn any model kit in to a Reno unlimited air racer. so first up is voodoo in 1/48 scale then will be strega then dago red but i will cover all of the Reno air planes that have raced since 1963 and some airplanes will be there own model kit. and those will be miss Ashley 2 tsunami and the twin boom pond racer. i will do other scales but after i find out how well 1/48 sells.
    You can count me in as a customer! Are you going to do decals as well?

for decals go to a company known as red Pegasus decals he makes decals for all air racers from 1/72 scale to 1/32 scale. i am working with him to provide references for decals for a lot of air planes.

Quote Originally Posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
    for decals go to a company known as red Pegasus decals he makes decals for all air racers from 1/72 scale to 1/32 scale. i am working with him to provide references for decals for a lot of air planes.
    Should have known! I've worked with Keith before. Looking forward to see what you come up with!

For all the Rare Bear fans out there, check this beauty out. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...bearcat-4.html The one none scale thing is he's still using flaps, but I wouldn't want to land that big heavy 'expensive' plane without flaps either.
    Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S. View Post
    For all the Rare Bear fans out there, check this beauty out. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...bearcat-4.html The one none scale thing is he's still using flaps, but I wouldn't want to land that big heavy 'expensive' plane without flaps either.
    Jason
    That is the finest R/C I've ever seen!!!

Here is my current project... My all time favorite..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoge.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	20289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoprop4.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	20290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photoqb.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	20291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RedBaron_1979_Mojave_01_enhanceda.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	20292  

Quote Originally Posted by TheRickster View Post
    Here is my current project... My all time favorite..
    That is some of THE finest craftsmanship I have ever seen!!!

Hello All,

As I mentioned in my Introduction, I recently purchased Paul Fisher's Sea Fury (photo from his website below). He kindly included all the parts I need to build her as a racer... 4-blade prop, proper wheels, no military armament, etc. This will be my first model in a LONG time... since I was a kid, really. I've looked over all the parts, and she is a beauty! I'd like to build her as close to how N13HP looked before her demise, in honor of my son who was flying her at the time. I may be asking for help now and again, so I hope you don't mind.

I'm planning on working on the model during the winter months, and we are just coming out of hibernation now. Actually looking forward to the summer riding weather (I ride a Honda GL1800 whenever I can, with my wonderful wife in the passenger compartment!).

Ron

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 11.12.51 AM.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	20583
    (http://www.mcssl.com/store/fishermod...-sea-fury-fb11)

Quote Originally Posted by gto49 View Post
    Hello All,

As I mentioned in my Introduction, I recently purchased Paul Fisher's Sea Fury (photo from his website below). He kindly included all the parts I need to build her as a racer... 4-blade prop, proper wheels, no military armament, etc. This will be my first model in a LONG time... since I was a kid, really. I've looked over all the parts, and she is a beauty! I'd like to build her as close to how N13HP looked before her demise, in honor of my son who was flying her at the time. I may be asking for help now and again, so I hope you don't mind.

I'm planning on working on the model during the winter months, and we are just coming out of hibernation now. Actually looking forward to the summer riding weather (I ride a Honda GL1800 whenever I can, with my wonderful wife in the passenger compartment!).

Ron

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 11.12.51 AM.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	20583
    (http://www.mcssl.com/store/fishermod...-sea-fury-fb11)
    I'm looking forward to seeing you build this one!
    N13HP is on my long list of things to build -it should look stellar with the Fisher model as a base!