Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Model builders- what are you working on?

Default Re: Model builders- what are you working on?

Well here is something thatís pretty cool, and itís not too expensive if you already have the radio gear.
    http://www.hobby-lobby.com/nemesis.htm

Jason

thats cool, I am going to have to buy one of them!

i have a couple of racers im working on. like i will try and kit bash TSUNAMI in 1/48 scale

Quote Originally Posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
    i have a couple of racers im working on. like i will try and kit bash TSUNAMI in 1/48 scale
    Yeah, don't do that....aside from the prop blades, a Mustang spinner, and wheels (I think I used some Lear Jet wheels), there is nothing in common to 'kit bash'.

Somewhere, though, I have scale 3-view plans for Tsunami in 1/48. I scratch built one in 1990 livery in 1/38, and then scaled up the plans to do a 1/32 in the orange '91 motif.

P.M. me, and if you'd like I'll see if I can find those plans for you to use.

Anybody tried one of these? A tad spendy but might save a lot of frustration trying to fab up the turtledeck/ windshield and modified scoop. They also offer a 232 in 1/72 scale that would save someone MUCHO work. I'm guessing these are resin models that will require more clean-up than your average production kit but still.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

just to let every body know i am staring my own line of 3D printed parts so u can build the famous air racers like voodooo or strega or dago red and i will be doing rare bear and other racers. i will first make the parts in 1/48 scale then parts in other sizes if the 1/48 sells well

After I get my model hydroplanes race ready for next season, I plan on starting work on my Thundertiger electric series aircraft. First will be Rare Bear (mid 90's scheme I hope), then September Fury (yellow wings), two mustangs as Strega and then 1979 Red Baron (actual contra rotating setup!). They are electric powered and I hope to do same mods as real aircraft and hope for 70mph range.

Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

I am new to the group. Does anyone know what color red was used on the red baron. Also there is website that does sell air racers.www.hpmhobbies.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    After I get my model hydroplanes race ready for next season, I plan on starting work on my Thundertiger electric series aircraft. First will be Rare Bear (mid 90's scheme I hope), then September Fury (yellow wings), two mustangs as Strega and then 1979 Red Baron (actual contra rotating setup!). They are electric powered and I hope to do same mods as real aircraft and hope for 70mph range.
    I built this last year. It's an RC model,too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	295.7 KB 
ID:	20256