Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model builders- what are you working on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model builders- what are you working on?

ok guys i got a hasegawa 1/32 mustang here, what should i do with it?mind you i don't want to do a lot of mods and i only have the cuffed props.
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

The 1974 Candyman, with the "Sammy" art on the fuselage.

Comment

Kenn-
        I would love to get my hands on that decal artwork. My e-mail is longdistanceoperator@yahoo.com

Speeddemon- do you have a photo of that Mustang?

Comment

Here's my old concept Mustang based on a 1/24 kit -- Revell, maybe? Not sure. I modified and painted it in 1978, my senior year in college. It's the "Black Hole Peashooter". Now you know where Peashooter comes from, too! Peas
          Attached Files
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

haven't even started yet, and it might be a ways off, but my first will be a Dehaviland Mosquito, done up as " Miss Marta ". I found an old Revell kit, 1/24. Do cross country racers count ??

bf1
            One more blade and a little less roar, Team Rare Bear ROCKED in 2004 !

Comment

Hey folks,

Here is a new kid in town H model Mustang:

More of their models:

http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well here is something that’s pretty cool, and it’s not too expensive if you already have the radio gear.

Jason
                Jason Schillereff

Comment

thats cool, I am going to have to buy one of them!
                  Tony

Comment

i have a couple of racers im working on. like i will try and kit bash TSUNAMI in 1/48 scale

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCLAW777 View Post
                      i have a couple of racers im working on. like i will try and kit bash TSUNAMI in 1/48 scale
                      Yeah, don't do that....aside from the prop blades, a Mustang spinner, and wheels (I think I used some Lear Jet wheels), there is nothing in common to 'kit bash'.

Somewhere, though, I have scale 3-view plans for Tsunami in 1/48. I scratch built one in 1990 livery in 1/38, and then scaled up the plans to do a 1/32 in the orange '91 motif.

P.M. me, and if you'd like I'll see if I can find those plans for you to use.

Comment

Anybody tried one of these? A tad spendy but might save a lot of frustration trying to fab up the turtledeck/ windshield and modified scoop. They also offer a 232 in 1/72 scale that would save someone MUCHO work. I'm guessing these are resin models that will require more clean-up than your average production kit but still.
                        "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

just to let every body know i am staring my own line of 3D printed parts so u can build the famous air racers like voodooo or strega or dago red and i will be doing rare bear and other racers. i will first make the parts in 1/48 scale then parts in other sizes if the 1/48 sells well

Comment

After I get my model hydroplanes race ready for next season, I plan on starting work on my Thundertiger electric series aircraft. First will be Rare Bear (mid 90's scheme I hope), then September Fury (yellow wings), two mustangs as Strega and then 1979 Red Baron (actual contra rotating setup!). They are electric powered and I hope to do same mods as real aircraft and hope for 70mph range.

Comment

Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

I am new to the group. Does anyone know what color red was used on the red baron. Also there is website that does sell air racers.www.hpmhobbies.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X