A Mustang and Spitfire for the races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Mustang and Spitfire for the races

OK, probably not what most of you thought I was talking about but I had to get them shown off somehow. Me and a friend have recently been getting in to R/C slope soaring after years of the powered stuff and these are our new creations. The "Mustang" is from a Tuff Planes kit and the Spitfire from Patton Aircraft. There are a few more shots of the Spit and a few shots of our flying site on My Photo, check `em out and tell me what you think.
    Attached Files
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Re: A Mustang and Spitfire for the races

Stevo,
    The spitfire looks great but I think the mustangs going to be faster!! Cant wait to see them both on the hill.Great pics on your page thank you!
    Jim Adams
    Blue Thunder 2 crew
    Picabo race 51 crew
    Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

I built this slope glider years ago.... House of Balsa 1/2A (.049) P-51 kit with modifications.
      Attached Files

Comment

I see you are in CA. If you ever need a place to fly, try the San Luis Reservoir creek....think that was the name of it. Been a looong time. Just outside of Los Banos. Can look up directions if you would like. You sit about 300 to 400 ft above the water on the west side near the dam. This is not the main reservoir or the forebay...sits to the west a bit further. Great place to fly and when the wind is blowing (never had a day we were there not flyable) usually about 15MPH +. Battery life was usually your only concern.

Nice looking aircraft.

Warren

Comment

Wind isn't much of a problem around here in the summer months. We easly see winds in the 20-30mph range any day of the week up on the hill, and there have even been a few times when I would put it closer to 40-50mph!!! I really should get a mind meter to find out for certain what the winds are like... one of these days.
          BTW, nice looking mustang you've got (had?) there. Is she still around?
          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
          My Photos
          My Ride

Comment

Thanks. I pulled it down from the ceiling of the garage yesterday to take the pictures. Just needs receiver and battery and would be ready to go.

Warren

Comment

In the south S.F. bay area, the best place I flew slope was Coyote Hills County Park near the Dumbarton Bridge toll booths, but you had one heck of a hill to hike up....Another good spot was the tall cliffs at Sunset Beach State park, just south of Santa Cruz/north of Monterey (no hill-climbing there). I had a Coyote and an SR-7 back then (both Bob Martin kits), but they are long gone...

The SR would have loved the high winds of San Luis Res......This is the only photo I have of it.

The 'ol SR-7...circa 1984...

Comment

Working...
              X