No announcement yet.

Clean Bill of Health - One Happy Guy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Bill of Health - One Happy Guy!!!

Gonna have to keep this short and sweet because I'm recouperating from a surgery on my neck today but....

This was an "exploratory" surgery to remove the last remenants of a lymph node in my neck that the radiation did not totally toast and that my doc and I felt would be good to get out and check to see if it had any bad cells in it..

As I was waking up from the knockout stuff (so I can't spell that "A" word without a spell checker.. sue me.. ) and all I heard over and over by the nursing staff was..

"NO CANCER" "NO CANCER"

That is how they woke me up and I'll tell you, the tension of the last few months, tension that I did not totally realize I even had due to "burying it" in order to cope with it, all just melted away..

As of right now, I am OFFICIALLY cancer free! They checked down my throat and though due to the condition of it (burnt beyond recognition by the radiation, no BS) they could not see a lot, my doc felt confident in giving me the CB of H and I'm officially outta the woods!

All I need now is a few more months to get the throat healed and see if my spit comes back and I'm home free!!!

Thanks a million to all of you for your continuing support during this really tough time for me!!

Ain't over yet but this has to be the best news I've gotten all year, ranks right up there with Griffon Girl calling me and telling me that Rare Bear won Reno!!!!!

Wayner
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Clean Bill of Health - One Happy Guy!!!

Excellent News Wayne!! Looks as tho Christmas came a bit early for ya Continued good luck on your re-cooperation and looking forward to seeing ya in Reno!

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy HoHo!!!
      Congratulations Wayne - I'm sure a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders.
      You'll be surprised how fast the rest of the recovery goes now that you know you're ok
      Cheers, Rachel

Comment

That's awesome Wayne, just in time for the holidays. Stay strong

Will R. Lynch

Comment

OUTSTANDING!!!
          Couldn't ask for a better Christmas present.

Comment

Wayne,
            That is great news, Merry Christmas to you!! Now back into my hole.
            John Slack
            John Slack

Comment

Best news I've heard all season. Happy Holidays to you, your family, and all your friends (that includes all the readers here at the forum.)

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Comment

Wayners,
                If you think this means I'm gonna stop praying for you......guess again!!!! Honestly, I'm totally stoked on the great news! Your gonna be singing AC/DC songs in your car before you know it! Awesome news!

Congrats!
                Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

That must be the best Christmas present in your entire life! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                    That must be the best Christmas present in your entire life! Congrats!
                    I think maybe meeting Linda "BeerNazi" two years ago just after Christmas would occupy that space.. Maybe oddly enough?

Now I've been given back the gift of being able to be with her. I'm not sucking up to her by saying this either, she rarely if ever reads here unless I point her to specific messages, and then she glazes over like Tim Allen at a Marth Stewart show.

I very much appreciate you's guys and gals who come here and hang out at the "hangar"! I've watched friendships blossom here when new guys meet up with someone or old guys find that one of the members has similar "toys" to play with, or who live in the same general area. Cobra and I patched, hell, polished up our old friendship that really started this thing going in the first place.

And now I'm bout 98-99% gonna get to play here a lot longer and prolly die of overweight from hagin my gut too close to the beloved CRT for too long... or something ELSE than being "C"!!!!!

Damn good Christmas presents I'd say... all of em.. all of you guys! And my gal.

We truly do get a few "best days of our lives" today is one of them, right there at the top of the heap. As somene else in this thread said, maybe now I'll actually start to heal faster! My body knowing it has a pretty damn good reason to, might just stop spending countless sub consious hours planning on how to end it gracefully prior to having it ended ugly for me..

Someone else said like a weight lifted off my shoulders.. Yep, only I did not truly know in my own mind, that part of us that we live in day to day, that part only felt.. "oh well, what to hell, I've had it pretty good so far, losing out on the last part won't be all that bad"... without knowing it, I'd adopted a totally fatalistic mind-set, I'd quit planning for the future beyond a few months, found myself actually trying to get BeerNazi to move on to better things.

All gone gone gone with those lovely words from the nursing staff at OHSU (Oregon Health Sciences University)!

Now I'll get my energy back, quit blowing smoke out my ass about what Mark and I will be doing with this site and bring out some of the best air racing content to be found anywhere, and that's not even mentioning the air show coverage we're going to have, at the willing and talented hands of a few of you who have really stepped up to the plate and signed on to visit as many shows as possible. Your write up's and photo essay coverage has been great for those of us who didn't get to go and even for those who did.

Most of you probably don't know that thre's even more in the bag from this last year that I did not even have the energy to get to, yet..

I'm looking forward to the "never a dull moment" days that we used to enjoy here.. My god, it even looks like Kraz is back!

Mo' Racers, Mo' Racin, Mo' Air Shows, Mo' photo shows.. phew, it's gonna be darn good methinks.

I'm sitting here thinking "it' a wonder what a few pain pills and an hour or two of sleep will do for a guy.. but the hole in me neck is beginning to beckon me back to the pill bottle for another round... I'm having to sit pretty funny while resting to keep the swelling down. The less swelling pressure on the sutures during this phase, the "Mo' Mr. Pretty Face" I get to enjoy when I look in the mirror.. (sound of a jaw or two hitting their desks) Oh just kidding damnit... get a sense of humor you tight arses among us..

On the horizon, I think we're going to have to wait a while for more actual races, probably Mesquite will be the first new venue and from what is planned, what a venue it will be! Somewhat purpose built, a new public airport serving a boom town community near Las Vegas, the airport authority is standing ready to make certain design features in the new construction, ground up airport that will allow races there, perhaps several times a year.

I think before this happens, shoot, while it's being laid down, we may well see more demo races organized. There are a lot of venues that can handle six or seven slick warbird racers and other classes beating up the field in "mock" aerial combat known as "demo racing" while they basically just break in their engines, they can thrill 1000's of new "air race addicts" for Dr. Bill to treat... oops, I forgot, there is no treatment, only indulgence!!!!!

With that, I'll stop my early morning "pit stop" rambling and go back to my "unusual position"

Thanks again for your words of kindness and support both on the open forum where I've been bareing my soul and in your private messages...

It's truly great to be ALIVE, again... !

Thanks you's guys (generic term for male and female buds)

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hello Wayners! Good news for you and your family. Just wanted to wish you all the best!

Best regards,
                      Kurt Heilbronner

Comment

Outstanding Wayne!! This is super news!
                        Bill Garnett
                        InterstellarDust
                        Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Wayne!!!
                          I am so happy for you! You are an absolute doll and I only wish you the very best! God Bless you and hugs to Linda.
                          Connie

Comment

Wayner

Great news!!! You are truly the best of the best!

Now lets get down to real business, and that’s having fun. Lots and lots of fun (with a little hard work).

Scott Litster

Comment

Great news Wayne hope to see you out and about this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X