Just Wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wondering

Does this mean Bob Button himself will fly Voodoo?( Since Curt is going to fly Strega)I also hope this stimulates some other teams.Maybe racing canopy and full throtle for Voodoo,and a couple of awaiting returns from Furias and C-Mass.
    I am really hoping to see some new faces at PRS this year (Wildfire and Mach Buster) because I'm almost positive an earlier report stated that Skip was going to fly Mach Buster.That may be a problem for Dago.

Well, Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Re: Just Wondering

Bob Button had planned on racing Voodoo this year, but was unable to get his racing wings. Since Curt is out of Voodoo's cockpit Bob will have to really work on getting race qualified for 05. Not sure how this one is going to play out. If Bob is unable to cut the mustard at PRS will that mean the return of Matt Jackson in the seat. I would not count on that one. You WILL NOT see a race canopy back on Voodoo unless the aircraft changes hands and that is unlikely for some time. Having the race canopy on Voodoo just does not fit Bob's full frame. That is why the change was made.
    Skip had agreed to fly Dago Red for 5 years for Terry Bland as long as the crew was left intact. He still has 2 years left on that deal and I have never heard Skip say anything about flying the Mach Buster/Renegade racer. The next several months will tell some interesting things in the world of air racing. Many of which will not begin to unfold until after PRS. Only time will tell.

Dave

Comment

matt jackson also has his racer that he said would be ready next year...
      heh heh alriiiight

Comment

i dont know if it is possible but Get Hanna Back Shawn he is a cool pilot

Comment

Talking with Bob Button and Danny Martin down at Vegas, I got the impression that Danny was pretty impressed with Bob's flying in the demo. All he needs is some more time on the course to find the line and I'll bet a buck or two, he'll have his racing ticket this coming year.

I got a kick out of listening to the two pilots assess the visibility out of Voodoo with the racing top on, Danny liked it fine and did not think the vis a problem, Bob, on the other hand, said he couldn't see a thing out of it. I believe this was the deciding factor for him turning it back to "stock". It's going to be interesting watching him get up to speed over the coming seasons! He sure was smiling wide down there in Vegas!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Radial LuvR
            I'm almost positive an earlier report stated that Skip was going to fly Mach Buster.

WAAAAY back when, Skip was going to be a pilot for the 'original' Mach Buster. But that was in '86 or so, right after Bob Love died (who was supposed to be the original pilot).

LONG time ago.

Comment

Bob Hannah was my favorite Voodoo driver (sounds like I'm talking about my video card software), but I think he got his fill of "very low and very fast" racing years ago.....That idea will be on my Xmas list though.....I've been a fan of his since the days when his steed just had 2 wheels and flew only when he hit big dirt ramps....

Comment

Working...
              X