Race 21 (N5151) Mustang Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Race 21 (N5151) Mustang Info

The source of the video clip was Don Sherwin, a personal friend of JD Reed - and the interview was conducted on August 5, 1988 at the Beechcraft Office in Houston... focusing mainly on early Beechcraft history, JD Reed's & Walter Beech's involvement in the company and the aircraft industry in general, as well as why/how both got involved in aviation. The entire video is over 2 hours in length (you probably noticed JD wiping his mouth in the clip above... they had to break for lunch in the middle of the interview).
    Mark K....

Comment

Man, I am glad that you have the energy to dig out these facts Mark! I wish I was better at racing history... for some reason, the major portion of it escapes me... I'd brand myself as unable to grasp history but I'm pretty well read and versed on WWII history as well as the Viet Nam war history but.. maybe it's because the history of air racing is not really as readily available in reading material as is that of the two wars I've studied since being a kid (WWII at least, I wasn't exactly a kid when Viet Nam went down)

As you know, I'm really into the "what's happenin' now" stuff!! Love digging out the "poop" but I am very much in appreciation of those of us who pay attention to the history of the sport and who are not shy about sharing the information.

I can hardly wait till my energy level returns a bit closer to normal and we can get going with the new site layout with more more more of this stuff!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I do find this type of stuff a lot of fun, it takes a lot of time (and sometimes, a lot of luck) to happen upon the right stuff.

BTW Apteryx: No, the video was never intended for public distribution. It's not available anywhere as far as I know.
        Mark K....

Comment

Thanks, Mark
          I'm like Wayne, a lot of blanks, on the early racing stuff, trying to fill some of those in, now.
          I think part of the problem, (as we've seen in this thread), is there's a lot of B.S. & half truths, floating around. So you tend to ignore the un-verifiable, stuff.
          Good to see somebody is, keeping track.....
          ---------------------------------
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
            I think part of the problem, (as we've seen in this thread), is there's a lot of B.S. & half truths, floating around. So you tend to ignore the un-verifiable, stuff.
            Paul, what I think I see here is a case of the guys who stand behind it not being cut were right... to the point that it was cut.. I had trouble understanding exactly what he said but from what I think I heard, they had wented it done, it was not done, so then it was done..

Those who insist it was not, might not be aware that it was done later at Beech..

W
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
              I had trouble understanding exactly what he said but from what I think I heard, they had wented it done, it was not done, so then it was done..W

SLEEPY-TIME.....

Comment

Working...
              X