Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of the Fortnight

Wayne,

I wanted to tell you that I have put many of the pictures of the week/month/fortnight/whatever up as background on my PC at work, but none of them has ever garnered the comments that your Tomcat picture has. Everyone and I mean everyone at my office, regardless of gender, and any visitors that see it comment favorably on that picture. Most of them say that's one of the coolest pictures they've ever seen.

Nice Job and Get Well Soon

MarkB

Re: Picture of the Fortnight

Originally posted by MarkB.
    Wayne,

I wanted to tell you that I have put many of the pictures of the week/month/fortnight/whatever up as background on my PC at work, but none of them has ever garnered the comments that your Tomcat picture has. Everyone and I mean everyone at my office, regardless of gender, and any visitors that see it comment favorably on that picture. Most of them say that's one of the coolest pictures they've ever seen.

Nice Job and Get Well Soon

MarkB
    Mark, sorry I did not respond sooner, frankly, I was a bit embarrased and did not know quite how to respond!

I guess the best way is to just thank you heartily! My favorite thing to do is to really nail a photo... I normally will not attempt long shots like this due to being used to Reno and other warm weather shoots where the heat waves always ruin any long shot. I kind of thought that the hills in the background were so neat looking and, reallllllllly wanted to record the Tomcat's last official demo flight, I hoped for something better than what came of this shot, in truth, the airplane is soft in focus, the AF did not quite get it nailed, or I moved. It was windy but at any rate, it was just boarderline so I had put it in one of my posts. Tom Campau liked it a lot and posted a message to that effect right when I was chosing a shot for the feature and so, that made my decision for me..

Compared to some of the other works we see here from the likes of Tyson, Rick, Victor, Bill and others, a lot of my stuff seems mediocre at best! And I'm not "fishing" for further compliments by saying that... Frankly, next time I see Tyson, I'm just going to break both of his arms and be done with him! Nobody deserves to be able to shoot as well as he does with the camera he has and that long of a lens freehand... nobody... so he must have his arms broken (sorry Tyson, it just has to be this way )

But again...... thanks! I'm glad ya like it... I'll give ya a special deal on a print if ya place an order... (kaching)

Wayner
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
    X