Why the Bear????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why the Bear????

Well i am a Dego fan,there is nothing like the sound of dego ripping up the air when he is close to flat out.But i also root for the bear (crazy?) I know that a non finish by bear on sunday might mean the reno icon might not be back next year.Plus if the bear does not make it one year im afraid the gold race might become boring.Bear is the underdog and i think thats why my son in a die hard Bear fan (traitor). its nice to see the underdog do good.And also Rare bear is a one of a kind , sets it apart kinda like Critical Mass.another underdog favorite of mine.another one of a kind , I whould love to see whould be White lightin
    i have never gotton a chance to see her fly (hope that she will fly again soon) .I root for all the planes.and a heathly race and every one safe.There is my 2 cents worth..(about 1 1/2 cents)
    www.renosection3.com

Comment

O.K. here's the deal for me with the Bear. It's like A modern
      Gee Bee!! Nothing looks more purposefull than A giant round engine with
      just enough fusalage to hold A cockpit and tail, and A pair of stubby
      wings! Also, as previously mentioned in this thread, the Bear really is one
      of A kind. Dago, Strega, and even voodo are all very similar racers. Not
      to mention the history, the records, and the whole fan sponsor deal.
      The only racer that ever exited me as much as the Bear was Miss Ashley II and unfortunately, she never got to realize her full potential.

Comment

the sound of the BEAR pushin it to the max, especially with the 3 blader, brings many goose bumps to my skin.
        You kind of gave my answer. The Bear is the meanest sounding racer out there. I actually had a female friend say the sound of the Bear turned her on (she didn't use those words). Funny thing, she hasn't missed Reno since I dragged her there in 2002, kicking and screaming...heheheheh.

The team, the plane, the sound...in that order. It wouldn't really be Reno to me if the Bear is ever retired.

Don Hatten
        Rare Bear Fansponsor
        Go Bear!

Comment

I pull for the Bear now because its been a Mustang show for so long, but my heart is really still with the Mustang airframe. Back in the 80s, I rooted hard for the Mustangs, Super Corsair, and Dreadnought and (kinda half-heartedly) rooted against that Bearcat that always won so much...

But after years of having the Bear non-competitive or not there at all, you want the field to be a little more level. Gotta have variety, and you HAVE to admire the way Lyle Shelton has hung in there and brought the racer back from the brink against such long odds.

Comment

Working...
          X